MH17: как и кто?

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » MH17: как и кто? » Материалы по MH17 » Документы JIT: Заявление свидетеля Ившина

Документы JIT: Заявление свидетеля Ившина

Сообщений 31 страница 60 из 116

JURJENS: Yeah, of course.
AFP19112:
Q364. Now - and also in relation to that conversation with the witnesses they said there was a second aircraft.
A Yes, there is.
Q365. A smaller aircraft?
A Well, they didn't call it smaller, they said it was - how did they say - well, they said there was another jet, they call it another jet.

Q366. Okay,
NPN17183:
Q367. Another jet.
A There was another jet.
AFP19112:
Q368. So when they said another jet did they describe it by any other means, like, was it civilian or military jets?
A Can I say? (Laughs)
JURJENS: Is this part of the transcript of the full conversation?
IVSHINA: It says here. This one. Yes, yes, they describe it as a - yeah, I mean
I'm just -
AFP19112:
Q369. Sorry, described it as a?
А They described it as a military jet.
NPN17183:
Q370. Military jet.
A Yeah.
AFP19112:
Q371. Now, when they described it as a military jet did they give further - - - details, ie, was it from a particular country?
A They - I ask them several times. They told that they - well, they saw that it was a military jet because it has, you know, different - well it has a particular view, so to say. They, themselves - and they believe it's a Ukrainian jet. They, themselves, didn't see it in particular detail but they referred - well, they referred to the - there is a bit in conversation which wasn't in the report and then there - there is some detail about that.

Q372. All right.
JURJENS: It might be interesting for it - because in the transcript of the - there are no details and - they don't refer to any details and they don't identify the other military jet as a jet by details.
IVSHINA: They say it's military jet, they - - -

JURJENS: Yes, but by what means? Anything in the transcripts?
IVSHINA: No, it's not in the transcript.
JURJENS: Not in this transcript.
IVSHINA: No, not - not in this transcript, no.
AFP19112:
Q373. But it's in the full conversation?
А Well, yeah, yeah. But it's not from - they - they then refer to - to the neighbours.
NPN17183:
Q374. Yeah, okay. There's some things that - what they hear it from -
A From neighbours.
Q375. Heard from their neighbours.
A From neighbours, yeah.
NPN17183:
Q376. They haven't seen it by themself?
A No, they - they've seen the fighter jet.
Q377. They've seen - -
A They've seen - yeah, I ask them several times.
Q378. But how can - where - - -
A And they said - well - I said, like, how could you identify this? They said it was - it was -
Q379. High?
A It was - it was not that high to identify it sort of. And they also referred then - -
AFP19112:
Q380. So it was flying fairly low?
А Well, more or less. Yeah, yeah, more or less it was - they said it was more - it was quite visible. Yeah, yeah, and they also - and then they referred to things which they, themselves, particularly didn't see but they referred to words of their neighbours, so.
Q381. You just used the word 'fighter jet', is that the same word they used to describe the aircraft or is that your interpretation of what they said?
A Well, in Russians (foreign language spoken) is something, like, military jet.
Q382. Okay.
A (Foreign language spoken)
Q383. All right.
A I mean, they - they - they are civilians so they don't call it - like, fighter jet and they don't, you know, make - distinguish.

Q384. It's just that you used the term 'fighter jet'. They didn't use that term did they?
A They said military jet.
Q385. Military jet. Okay.
A Well - but - -

Q386. That's all right.
A I think in Russian in - in, like - if you ask a civilian to - to name a fighter jet they'll say military jet.
NPN17183:
Q387. Yeah, okay.
A (Laughs) That's how they call it.
Q388. And did they perhaps describe the plane by some details, what they know? Because, yeah, you have several kind of aircrafts of course. Could they recall something -
A They said it was military jet - -

Q389. Yeah.
A - - and they - they recalled his manoeuvres.
Q390. Manoeuvres. Okay.
A Wave by hand.
Q391.
Yeah. She's, like - and it was, you know, it was quite dynamic.
Q392. A
Okay. I mean, I think big planes. So she - she showed it quite dynamically so that it was an impression that it was a relatively small jet, I mean compared to a Boeing.
Q393. Yeah. Yeah. But we talk still about the two witnesses, the first - - A Yeah, yeah, we still talk about - yeah, yeah, yeah, only about them.
Q394. And they said they have seen a military jet.
A Yes. Yeah. Yes.
Q395. heir own observations?
A Yes. Yes. Yes.
Q396. And they heard from neighbours that it was a - -
A Ukrainian.
Q397. Ukrainian Boeing.
A But this - they - they - they believe it themselves but they didn't see any sign of it - - -
Q398. The two first, yeah, the one that - - -
A These two ladies, they didn't see any, you know, things which distinguish this - them as Ukrainian military jets but then, as I said, in a - like, they referred to someone - someone else.

Q399. Did they say something about the height the plane was flying, the military jet?
A Yes. They said that it was - as they said, they said it was lower so we could see it because from - from the way they were talking - from - like, and I was asking, can I ask questions. I could understand that they didn't see, you know, the - the Boeing exactly the Boeing. They did see the parts of it falling down but they didn't see the Boeing and when - and then they said there was another jet, military jet and it was lower so we could see it. That's - that's how they said.
AFP19112:

Q400. During that conversation I think both ladies on the YouTube footage have been quite animated with their hands - - -
A Yeah, yeah.

Q401.- - describing the actions of the plane. Can you give an indication as to the area they were pointing by using your sketch? Were they pointing the direction of that aircraft in any particular area or?
A Oh.

Q402. Do you understand what I'm saying?
A Yeah, yeah, I understand.
Q403. Yeah.
A Well, overall they were, like, generally recording the movements, like, into this and that, not referring it to the geographical position.
Q404. All right. So they didn't say it was flying over there in a particular area?
A I think in the very end - when they were telling me that the jet disappeared from their vision they pointed somewhere.
Q405. Can you recall where that was? It might be easier if you can put down where you were standing on the map and where the two ladies were - and that might assist with some sort of reference point.
A -- - these were two ladies. I was, like, here.
Q406. Yeah.
A I definitely remember they were pointing somewhere but I'm afraid to be mistaken.
Q407. No, that's all right. That's okay. And I think from the YouTube footage the mother was on the right hand side there.
A This is mother.
Q408. So that's witness one and witness two there.
A Yes.
Q409. Is that correct?
A Yes, yes, that's correct. Yeah, yeah. They - they pointed somewhere here. Yeah, they - they pointed somewhere.
Q410. Because when witness one first spoke with you she didn't mention the aircraft, did she, the second aircraft?
A No, no, they both mentioned it.

Q411. No, initially when you had the conversation - - -
A I see.

Q412. she just mentioned she heard the explosion and she saw, I think from your reports, she heard two exploslons and the plane breaking up. And then the second witness, the daughter, then said there was a second aircraft.
A Military one.
Q413. Yeah.
A But then - but then, you see, she says - this witness one says, "Yes, yes, it was flying. ' She's - she's actually, you know, sort of continue - -
Q414. Yeah, yeah. That's right. So she's agreed with it.
A Supported. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Q415. That's all right. That's good. And you mention a witness number three who talks about the explosion.
A Yes.

Q416. Where is witness number three while this conversation - - -
A No, no, no. Witness number three, she is - she was recorded in completely different place.

Q417. Okay, No, that's all right.
A And on - on the next day.
Q418. That's all right.
NPN17183:
Q419. Also. Okay.
A On the next day.
Q420. They will come later on.
AFP19112:
Q421. Yeah.
A Okay.
NPN17201:
Can I ask - - -
NPN17183:
Yeah. Please.
NPN17201:
Q422. When you were interviewing those ladies, were there a lot of people around?
A At the moment, no. When - with these exact two ladies, no, there were - - -
Q423. I'm talking about witness one and witness two - - No, no, they were - we met them - - -

Q424. But that's what - they were witness one, witness two, you, at the time?
A Oksana.
Q425. Oksana.
AFP19112:
Q426. Oksana,
NPN17201:
Q427. Oksana.
A Oksana.
Q428. And other persons?
A Yeah. So there was - I think, yes, there was a - a security advisor.
Q429. M'mm.
A Our security - but he didn't want to - he doesn't want to be named.
AFP19112:
Q430. That's all right.
NPN17201:
Q431. Okay.
A This is an advisor provided to us by BBC as a part of duty of care, so to say.
NPN17183:
Q432. Duty of care in security for US persons?
A For - for us, so people operating in the combat zone.
NPN17201:
Q433. Yeah, yeah. Okay, Other persons?
A No. No. No.
AFP19112:
Q434. Who operated the camera?
A Me.

Q435. Okay.
NPN17201:
Q436. Okay, But you are from Russia and they are from Ukraine?
A Yeah.
Q437. Were they willing to talk with you?
A Yeah.
Q438. It wasn't a problem?
A No problem.
Q439. Okay.
A And I mean - no, they were fine, they didn't ask us also.

Q440. They were not afraid?
A No. No, they were - I think it's - they were very impressed, you know, very - and emotions. They were willing to talk.
Q441. Okay.
A No, I mean, they weren't willing to talk but when you ask them they - they sort of want to share their emotions because they were all quite affected by the event.
NPN17183:
Q442. How long did it last this interview?
A The conversation you mean?
Q443. Conversation.
A Well, for - I don't know. I think we recorded, like - we spoke to them, for, like, a minute or two before we - just to find out that they agree, that they're locals then we - I think it was minute or something or two. Then I press the record button, we recorded, I don't know, for some time because first they spoke about the incident and then they just started to - to say what they mishaps and how they are suffering.
A
Q444. Yeah. And then we stopped. And, yeah, and then they - they spoke for us for a while, for a little bit more just personally, how - how scared they are, etcetera. And then they continued their way, I think they were going back to their village.
AFP19112: Q445. During your time at this crash site did you see any other aircraft flying?
A That day?
NPN17183:
Q446. Yeah, that moment.
A At that day, no. That day, no.
Q447. That moment?
A No.
Q448. No.
A No.
Q449. Were - you were standing there. Were there rebels or soldiers in - - -
A At that particular place there was no one and we were very pleased with it. It - this - I mean, it's not a proper scale. I mean - -
AFP19112:
Q450. No, that's all right.
NPN17183:
Q451. No.
A I think these - these distance was quite, you know, on - according to human standards this was quite long.
AFP19112:
Q452. Yes.

A So several hundred metres I think.
Q453. Yeah.
A And there was no one. That's why - I - I noticed them, like, here maybe and I stopped on intention so that they come here and there would be no one. So that - it was my intention so that they won't be afraid, we won't be afraid because - -
Q454. So it's a comfortable distance.
NPN17183:
Q455. Comfortable.
A Distance without, yeah, any officials, any rebels because we were, you know - I mean, rebels have their sort of version.
Q456. Yeah.
A And we are BBC, so we - I tried to make it so that no one from rebels can hear us.
AFP19112:
Q457. You've referred to them as rebels, how do you know they were rebels? Can you describe what they were all wearing?
A I mean, first of all, the - at that moment it was firmly held by rebels.
Q458. Okay
A Like, firmly controlled and also usually on the uniform you can notice - they're even - Georgian - as we call Georgian rebel, the ribbon, the - -
Q459. Can you describe those two colours on the ribbon?
A  Orange and black.
NPN17183:
Q460. Yeah. Okay.
(Background conversation)
NPN17183:
…(indistinct)… later on maybe.
AFP19112: If you want.
NPN17183:
Or- - -
AFP19112: Okay.
NPN17201:
We can do it later.
NPN17183:
Yeah.

AFP19112: Well, while you've got it we may as well just do it now. We can do the
rest later.
AFP19112:
Q461. So I'm just going to show you some eastern Ukraine region emblems. Is this the ribbon you're referring to, that colour there?
A Yes, I do. Orange and black.
Q462. All right.
A Yeah.
Q463. And this is item - sorry, image number one. A But I refer - no, no, no, no, no. I mean, I referred to this exact part of the image, not - - -
Q464. Yeah.
NPN17183:
Q465. Only - - -
A The ribbon.

Q466. - - the ribbon itself.
A On the ribbon. Yeah, yeah.
AFP19112:
Q467. No, that's right. Yeah, yeah.
A Yeah, yeah.

Q468. All right. I think there's one of the ribbon.
NPN17183:
I think we've got that one also on the picture, yeah.
Q469. It's only the ribbon itself.
A Yeah. Sometimes they - well, here is it here. Yeah. Sometimes they have it like this or sometimes this one is needed. Yeah?
AFP19112:
Q470. Yeah. Yeah.
A Yeah. And sometimes they just - this is, like, a ribbon so they just put it on something - - -
Q471. Can I get you just to write 'ribbon only'? Did you see that logo?
A Ah.
Q472. If not, it doesn't matter.
A No, I ---
Q473. That's the ribbon you saw?
A Yeah, I've seen the ribbon. Yeah.
Q474. All right.
…(indistinct)…

Q475. If you could just write down 'ribbon only' and then sign that, please. Thank you. And we'll come across those afterwards once we go through the rest.
A Okay.

NPN17183:
Q476. Sorry. Did you interview other people there on the spot that time?
A Not on this spot.
Q477. No.
A Here. Here.
Q478. The same day, the twenty-first?
A Yes. Yes. A few minutes later. As soon as we reached this - this bit.
Q479. Now, we're talking about witness number three or?
A No.
Q480. Another local?
A Another.
AFP19112:
Q481. So before you moved off after you finished that conversation here, did you go through the crash site or did you go straight up to this -
A No. When we arrived we first went here to film, filmed here.
Q482. Which is what location, please?
A This is near this green thing.
Q483. Near the wreckage.
A Near the wreckage and luggage.
Q484. And the luggage area.
A So - yeah, I filmed this one. I also filmed to direction of - -
Q485. South west?
A - south west. In the distance they were moving some wreckage with a crane. I filmed that one with a lens, using a lens. Then I filmed the body. Briefly filmed the emergency workers - because it - I think they weren't operating at that moment. It was, like, lunchtime -

Q486. Okay.
A - - or something. Then we met those two ladies. We stopped talking to them. They follow their way and then I saw some of the miners coming from the - -
Q487. The field?
A - - field.
Q488. Yeah.
A From the field. I filmed them because we needed it - and I spoke to some of them but they refused to talk on camera.

Q489. Okay.

A So I just spoke to them face to face. And then we continued our way to the - to this crash site. We - I mean, among our colleagues we called crash site like exact this burnt patch.
NPN17183:
Q490. The burnt patch.
A Yeah.
Q491. Okay.
A So we continued to the burnt patch, the crash site.
Q492. And what can you tell us about what the miners told you?
A We just - just - well, they just gave their personal feelings, that they're tired, scared. It's very hard for then to cope with the - you know, with the task. They were searching for bodies and so - -
Q493. Yeah. Yeah, heavy job they had to do over there.
A Yeah. Yeah.
Q494. Yeah, yeah. And what did they do?
A They were searching for bodies. For the - for the remains, etcetera.
Q495. Into the sun fields, sunflower fields?
A  Yeah, yeah. Exactly.
Q496. Yeah, yeah. Heavy job for them.
A Absolutely.
AFP19112;
Q497. Whilst in the crash site area - -
A  Mm?
Q498. Whilst in the crash site area - -
A Yeah, yeah, yeah. There were - -

Q499. - did you see people picking up objects?
A Didn't point special attention to that.
Q500. Okay.
A Didn't pay - pay any attention to that.
Q501. You mentioned before that when you went over to the emergency workers area someone said, 'I found something', handed it to a person, probably one of the emergency workers and they've then thrown that onto a pile.
A There was, like, a heap of different things and they put it there. Yeah. I think one of the miners told me that, yeah, yeah.
Q502. Who handed the emergency worker that object?
A Miner. Miner.
Q503. Another miner. Okay.
NPN17183;
Q504. Yeah, okay.

AFP19112:
Q505. And can you recall what the object was?
A It wasn't, like, exactly. I just - he just told me, like, we find something - and you - what do they do they put it - you see how many of them when
Q506. Okay.
A This is the - the heap they put it there I said.

Q507. So possibly nothing of significance, it didn't have any person's name on or - - -
A As far as I understand, no, no, it was a significant - it was a heap of significant things, it was - -
Q508. Sorry, not the pile, the one object that that miner found. Remember the one you said to - he threw it onto the pile?
A But it's a pile of important things.
Q509. Yeah.
A Yeah, yeah.
Q510. But the individual object that he found - - - He didn't - I didn't see it.
A He - he just said he - he recently did it.
NPN17183:
Q511. He just told you.
AFP19112:
Q512. Yeah. Yeah. All right.
A So I don't know what

Q513. Just going back to that individual object, did he describe what it was?
A Don't really remember.
Q514. Okay. That's all right.
A I think it was - it was relatively important because - -

Q515. All right.
A - miner didn't pick up non-important objects. They just picked up important objects.

Q516. Okay.
A Like, passports, wallets and such.
Q517. Yeah. Sure. Thank you. Okay. So you've left that area then you've got up to this vicinity near the houses.
A Yeah.
Q518. All right. What happened there?
A Well, we - I had - I think I had some - to do some live or something and then - - -
Q519. Sorry, could you stay that again, please?

A I had to - I had the commitment to BBC so I did some live broadcast on the phone -or something, And also asked people, like, how - how it was, what did they see again - again and there was a group of people, not many, several, and they started to - yeah, they started to recall it was.
Q520. All right.
A Again, altogether.
NPN17183:
Q521. Yeah Altogether?
A Yeah, yeah. It was hard.
Q522. And they fill each other with things they - - -
A Well
Q523. -- remembered?
A Yeah. Well, yeah, I mean, some of their memories differed, some of were the same.
Q524. And what could they recall to you?
A Well, the main message again - well, some just - so I did not record this on camera.
Q525. No.
A So some just saw the - some just said how bodies - and went into their gardens.
Q526. Yeah.
A To their homes. Some saw the - the Boeing dismantling and the - but several also recalled this plane, the existence of this, as they called it, military plane - or fighter jet. I mean, in Russian I - I think it's - it's the same word. Like (Foreign language spoken) military plane.
Q527. Did they give you any detalls about that plane?
A Well, they all - I don't - I mean, I don't remember it, you know, in huge detail. The thing I just marked in my mind is that several more people said, like, that there was a military plane. Yeah. At somewhere - like, really, really close time wise to the time when Boeing dismantied. Really, really close. Some say the same time sort of or, you know, like - so they're - yeah, they all say that - not all. Those who said that they seen the military plane they all said it was somewhere really close to the moment when the Boeing was falling into pieces. When they - when they saw the - the pieces of the Boeing falling.
Q528. Falling. Yeah. And at that time there was a military plane in the sky?
A Yes.
Q529. Close to
A Ah.
Q530. In time it was close to the Boeing or?
A Not to - no, not close to the Boeing.

Q531. No.
A No, no, no.
Q532. Okay.
A They - those who referred to military plane said that at the time when they saw the parts of the Boeing falling somewhere near that time they saw military plane. I don't remember how many people were there but I remember that there were a few people who repeated it several times.
Q533. Okay, And do you think that they really - yeah, of course - but did they see it or are they just talking to each other and - -
A I see.

Q534. then think they saw it, is that a possibility or?
A There was - this is - there are two different versions of this report and this one here, this is, like, version number one let's call it. There is also on YouTube the - the other version and then there is another man there - another local in the white hat. And that local, he is - he also told me about
NPN17183:
Q535. He's a man.
A man. Yeah.
Q536. Because on YouTube only see women.
A There is another - -
AFP19112;
Q537. There's others.
A version.
NPN17183:
Q538. There is another version?
A Another version and then there is a man also.
AFP19112: That's this one here?
NPN17183:
Q539. That's the second version?
A Yes, exactly.
AFP19112:
Q540. The one with the sunglasses?
A Yes. Yes, yes.
NPN17183:
Q541. Yes.
AFP19112:
Q542. Yes. All right.
NPN17183:
Q543. Yeah, the - - -
A Yes, this one there. I printed it for you as well.

Q544. Yes.
A This moning I - - -
Q545. Yeah. So which part of the group were you talking to?
A He was - you know, the group was, like, here. It was here, the group. They all said they are from Grabovo. And since they were all, you know, telling me basically the same things and also this - this disturbing each other, interrupting each other, I decided not to talk too them (Laughs)
Q546. (Laughs) Okay.
A Then I walked a little bit here. I think it was, like, here and met this man. I mean, I was still not satisfied with the - these things about the aeroplane. So I met this man, he was there alone. I mean, there were some people in the distance - but he was not part of a group. And I asked him where is he from and he said that he's not from this exact place.
Q547. Okay.
A Not - not from Grabovo. That's why I decided to talk to him.
NPN17183:

Q548.Okay.
A He was from village Rovnoye.
AFP19112:
Q549. Who, sorry?
A Rovnoye.
NPN17183:
Q550. Rovnoye.
AFP19112:
Q551. How do you spell that, please?
A Again, I write you the Russian name. Yeah, probably like this. Rovnoye, yeah.
Q552. Okay. Thank you.
A Rovnoye.
Q553. And where is Rovnoye?
A This is - I checked it on the map. It's between Rassapnoye and …(indistinct)…
UNIDENTIFIED SPEAKER:
Perhaps …(indistinct)… here.
IVSHINA: (Laughs)
… (Indistinct sounds) …
IVSHINA: (Laughs) We are - -
NPN17183:

Q554. We are here …(indistinct)… No, let me explain to you - -
A Oh, So …(indistinct)…
Q555. Yeah. That's my - this is …(indistinct)… This is - - -
A …(indistinct)…, Grabovo.
Q556. That's Grabovo. Yes.
A It was … (indistinct)… Can I draw here?
AFP19112:
Q557. Yeah, yeah, please, on the map.
A Rovnoye. He said he was from here, Rovnoye.
Q558. Where, sorry?
NPN17183:
Q559. Rovnoye. Here.
AFP19112:
Q560. Sorry. Did you just draw on the map somewhere or?
A Yes, I did. Sorry, He let me do it (laughs).
Q561. No, that's all right.
NPN17183:
Q562. Over there, yeah. It's like a person.
A Yeah.
Q563. Okay, Difficult to see on this map. A Yeah.
AFP19112:
Q564. Okay.
A I mean, he - he said he - he - he was there. He said at the moment I was in Rovnoye.

Q565. When you spoke to this gentleman here with the cap and the sunglasses did you record that conversation?
A Yes, I did.
Q566. On video?
A Yes, I did.
Q567. All right. What was his name?
A Please ask BBC again.
Q568. Okay, So if we refer to him as witness number four.
A Okay.

Q569. Because we haven't got to witness number three yet, so we'll call him number four.
A Yes. Yeah.
NPN17183:
Q570. And what could he tell you, what - -

A He - he told me some - his account but I think in the transmitted material there - there was - it is - it is - it is in material which was - which was not broadcasted unfortunately, so I think again you have to ask BBC. But that was his - so he told me in - in the part which was broadcasted he refers to the fact that he watches Ukrainian TV channels and they constantly say that there are no - that, let's say, today, there were no fighter jets in the air, there were no fighter jets - missions.
Q571. Okay.
A That's what he says in the - -
Q572. On that particular day.
A In the - in the - no, no, he says generally.
Q573. Generally.
A He said generally, you know, in the recent days we are - we are often bombed - and then in the evening I switch on the TV, the Ukrainian TV and then they say there were no fighter jets on a mission. That's what he says in the broadcast material. But prior to that he - he gave me his account of what he witness.

Q574. Okay.
A But, yeah.
Q575. That's also broadcast, this one?
A No.
Q576. No.
A The - the part I told you was broadcast.
Q577. Yes, but the information prior to interview.
A No, because, you see, we reporters will have our own logical view of the material, so basically since the things which he said corresponded to the things which those three ladies said - -
AFP19112:

Q578. Yeah, yeah.
A- - I just didn't include him because it - it will be too long.
NPN17183:
Q579. Yeah, yeah, and he was telling this almost the same.
A Well, yeah, yeah. I mean, he was providing different details. But, yeah, the main message was the same so I thought, well, it's too much. I already went through this already.
Q580. Yeah, yeah.
A And also he was - I didn't include him just, you know, from - again from professional reasons - because his story was too long, not that, you know, short and informative as the ladles' words. That's why I didn't include him and I include ladies.
NPN17183:
Q581. Give too many details, you know - -
A Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Q582. Yeah.
A It's hard, you know, we need, like, ten seconds or something.
AFP19112:
Q583. What reason did he give for travelling from his village to the crash site?
A What was it? Don't remember exact details. And I think it wasn't recorded but I think he just came. I mean, they were both -
Q584. Just a curiosity thing to come over and look
A. Curiosity and also - they - he paid his tribute. I think there was - at - yeah, at that day there was a priest - like, a service and many people from the neighboring villages came there.
Q585. Did you see that priest and that sermon?
A From - from, like, when we were talking - like, when we were making this way.
Q586. Yeah.
A I saw him from the distance but
Q587. Can you describe what he looked like?
A The priest. No, no, I saw him from the distance.
Q588. Okay.
A I just saw - saw this black - his, you know, he was in black - -
Q589. Okay.
A - -sort of uniform.
Q590. Yeah.
A Priest - Russian priest uniforms. And I saw him from the distance. I didn't pay much attention to him because I know that some of my colleagues were at the crash site so I thought while we can get this footage.
Q591. Okay. Just before, you indicated that town where the gentleman with the sunglasses and hat came from. On this map - the map is in Russian I believe, is it?
A Yeah.
Q592. What does that say up the top?
A Krusnahuch.
Q593. Okay. Can you write that down for me on this paper here?
A You mean - -
Q594. Is that the name of the area?
A Krusnahuch?
Q595. Yeah.
A I think it's the - one of the - Krusnahuch, I thought it's like a - not - sort of a village, like, you know, Krusnahuch. Krusnahuch. Yeah?
Q596. All right. So that's the village of - -
It's not the village, it's, like, people -
Q597. Like a region?
A A place where you - well, yeah, like, where people live, Krusnahuch.
Q598. All right.
A I mean, I'm not the - -
NPN17183:
Q599. Area or something?
A Krusnahuch. I mean, this name is familiar to me. Krusnahuch. I heard of it and I thought it's like a place where people live.
Q600. All right.
A But as far as I see from this map it includes many other - -
Q601. A number of villages.
A A number of villages, yeah.
Q602. All right. Just for the purpose of the audio I'll just refer to that as attachment F. Are you happy with that?
A Yeah, yeah. Yes, I'm - - -
Q603. And during the break I'll just ask if you could sign each of these attachments as well, please.
A Okay.
Q604. Yeah. Okay. Speaking of which.
NPN17183: Yeah.
AFP19112: Yeah. We will take a break.

AFP19112:
Q605. We've been going for about an hour twenty. I think it's probably a good time to have a break.
A Yeah.
NPN17183: Yeah.
NPN17201: Yeah.
NPN17183: Definitely. Well, I've got now the time ten minutes past twelve. Nine minutes to be exact and we are going to stop now to have a break. Thank you.
ROI SUSPENDED AT TWELVE NINE PM
ROI RESUMED AT TWELVE FIFTY-SEVEN PM
NPN17183: …(indistinct)…. Right. It's now twelve seventy-five.
AFP19112: Seventy-five?
NPN17183: Fifty-seven.
IVSHINA: (Laughs)
NPN17183: Yeah, fifty-seven. I wrote seventy-five for fifty-seven.
IVSHINA: Almost there.
NPN17183:
Q606. And we start again further with the interview with Olga IVSHINA. We wondered did you talk with witness one and two and maybe four also about weather circumstances. What can you tell us about that?
A Well, overall - it was, like, sunny in means of - in terms of that there was no rain and the - but it was partially cloudy. They - -
Q607. Partially cloudy.
A Yeah, they all say that there were - there were clouds and that's why some things were invisible. Some - things - because they say some people both on camera and off camera told me that, you know, bodies were falling down from the clouds so they - -
Q608. From the clouds?
A From the clouds so they can't actually - some of them can't actually see, you know, from - from where they actually falling.
Q609. All right. And - -
AFP19112:
Q610. But the weather was just generally clear otherwise?
A Yeah, it was, like - yeah, yeah. Like, well, you know - I think the photo shows as well.
Q611. Yeah. Yeah.
A So the sky - they say that the sky was blue overall. I mean - yeah. Through the clouds you could see that sometimes - --
Q612. Yeah.
A - - - so it was blue, yeah.
NPN17183:
Q613. Did the - one of the witnesses - where they saw the military jet, above the clouds, under the clouds?
A Under the clouds. Yeah, yeah, under the clouds.

Q614. And could they estimate the height they were flying?
A No, no. They are - they're civilians.
Q615. M'mm.
A No.
Q616. Did they gave a direction that military fighters jet was coming to?
A Yes. As I said, on - on - on video the ladies pointed or the witness one or two - one of them - pointed, like, and it went and she showed where.
Q617. Mm.
UNCLASSIFIED
ROI BETWEEN AFP 19112/IVSHINA … CONTINUED … PAGE 49
A I - I'm afraid to be mistaken but I think she made, like, something like this.
Q618. You're talking about witness number - - -
AFP19112:
Q619. One.
A One or two.
NPN17183:

Q620. - one?
A I think it was one. She made like this with her hand but I'm not sure.
AFP19112:
Q621. Like that?
A Yeah.
Q622. Okay.
NPN17183:
Q623. And that - she was meaning the military jets?
A The military jet, yeah, because she's, like - and it left and so - -
Q624. Okay.
A And again, I don't know, maybe - maybe it was, like, you know, general - like, his general movement, the way it moved or maybe it was a direction. It's hard to say but witness number three she showed it and it was also on camera. She showed it - you know, the - she consciously showed the direction she believed it moved and she named the - the direction.
Q625. Okay.
A And, yeah, and also the - I - I definitely remember that some of them - some of the people I spoke to because as - as I told, not everything was recorded because my shoulder was aching also … (laughing) … So I remember that, yeah, yeah, some people said that, you know, that military jet, it was under the clouds so we could see it. There's - I definitely remember someone said it, like, it was - it was below the clouds so we could see it.
Q626. And that's also on tape or you're not sure?
A I think - I think it - I'm not sure for all of them but I think in one of the occasions it was on tape.
AFP19112:
Q627. We might talk about witness three shortly I think because we haven't got quite there yet, have we?
NPN17183:
Q628. Yeah. Let's go further on the twenty-first of July.
A M'mm.
Q629. I think you spoke with the two ladies, witness one and two, several people in the area and with witness number four, the man with a white cap. From there on, what can you tell us more about that day? A Well, so spoke to my colleagues. There were - there were a lot of rebels. No, I mean - no, there were - don't really remember whether any rebels at the - no, I think when we arrived there, there were not many rebels, if any. I don't really remember that. But then after we spoke to those people then we see … (indistinct) … came, we see … (indistinct) … arrived.
Q630. A
Oh, yeah. Yeah. And they were accompanied by a lot of rebels and they were really harsh. Colleagues of mine were doing live here, like, so that the crash site could be seen behind their back and - and their vehicle was parked here so the rebels are, like, move this vehicle and I had to jump into the vehicle, find the keys, etcetera, so it was a little bit stressful. So they arrived through this road. There were - - -
AFP19112: Q631. Sorry, just for the audio you're referring back to attachment G and indicating the main road heading north. Well, I'm not sure whether it's heading north. It's, like - I think it's
Q632. A
North east? Let me see. Is it - is it - - -
Q633. A
That's the road there. That's the same road, right? Yeah. There's - - -
NPN17183: Q634. That must be the road. Yeah. A North, north east, yeah.
Q635.
And then you have here Grabovo.
AFP19112: Q636. A Grabovo. Yeah, here Grabovo and somewhere there is Snezhnoye and -
Q637.
Yeah. Yeah, yeah. Yeah. So, yeah, they came through this main road, parked here. They were accompanied by the rebels who were guarding them but also sometimes telling them, like, don't go there or, like, your time is - your time has finished, let's go, so like this. Yeah, we spend some time filming how they move around. One of them commented to the press and then we jumped to the car because they said that here back - our back over here. Yeah, close to the spot where we first - -
Q638. A Where you saw the body? Yeah, where we first stopped. There will be another press - brief - press statement or something.
Q639. Yes.

A So we had to go back but this road was blocked at the moment, don't - don't - well, I think by rebels.
Q640. Okay.
A So we went some - somehow through the field, park back here, They call it a press statement, met some of our colleagues and then we headed to - to barriers trying to fulfil our initial mission to find a Buk launch site, so, yeah, trying to speak to locals, whether they've seen the - the Buk carrier, the Buk itself and also trying to locate that - that photo you showed me which was released by SBU.
Q641. Okay. Just to go back slightly, when you said you travelled through the - off the road - - - around to this area where the general press release was - -
A Yeah.
Q642. -- who ran that, is it OSCE or?
A Yeah, yeah, it was OSCE and I think they were Dutch, it was the time when Dutch experts arrived so there was - I remembered a guy looking as a Dutch in orange something.
Q643. Yeah.
A He was telling something.
Q644. And did you record that press release?
A Yeah, yeah, both of them, one here and one - one there.
NPN17183:
Q645. Olga, you tell us the rebels came in. You recognise which group the rebels came there?
A Oh, I think I did at that moment but I don't remember it because, you see, at that … (indistinct)… your mind works like - like ticking the box, aha, there's rebels, this group, we - I mean, we don't - we don't - we didn't make friends with any of the groups but, um, some more - some were more dangerous for us, some were less dangerous so I just mark in my mind, oh, this is this group, and that's it. I think they were - they were really special - - -
Q646. Special?
A Yeah, they were not - because at that moment, you know, many rebels were - they did look like rebels, you know, trousers are one colour, coat is other colour, some gun and they don't look really professional but those who accompany OSC, they looked really professional, you know, they had proper uniforms, …(indistinct)…
Q647. Do you remember the colour of the uniform …(indistinct)…
A Not really, to be honest.
Q648.  Okay.
A Not really, I think - well - no, not really, I have them recorded but, you know, don't remember because it was insufficient for me. Yeah, point out that they're really professionals, I think, and they were quite nervous.
Q649. They were quite nervous?
A They - there were, yeah. I would say they were nervous and harsh because they're, like, 'Remove this car.' Said, like, 'Well, my colleagues are doing something." And says, 'Remove the car.' I said, 'Well, I don't know where the driver is. Remove the car otherwise we'll take it.' … (indistinct) … So I had to jump into the car and move it somewhere.
Q650. Yeah. So they were more tense because - why - why was that?
A Because - - -
Q651. Yeah, because - - -
A of OSC … (indistinct) …
Q652. - - they were there.
A They are guarding OSC - - -
Q653. Yeah, yeah.
A - - and they were, yeah, feeling themselves very important.
Q654. Yeah. Yeah. All right. Um - - -
A But they - on the other side they were, like, more or less, not polite but they - they weren't cruel. I mean, they were - they were pointing guns at us so it was …(indistinct)… I think.
AFP19112:
Q655. You mentioned there were a number of rebels along this road in various different areas and different stages of the day, were there any checkpoints on that road?
A On this road?
Q656. Uh-huh,
A No, no, there was no one here. I think when we arrived we didn't meet any rebels, just emergency workers. And, again, here, I also don't remember any rebels, you know, maybe one or two or something because what I do remember, you know, it was such a contrast when OSC arrived because, like, a lot of rebels came in. Maybe there were a few here but

definitely there was no one here. I was quite frightened and I clearly remember this one, there was no one here, I was, like, oh, that's very good. We can ask our questions and can operate more or less freely, So, yeah, we also went - -
NPN17183:
Q657. Do you - when you are speaking to people do you see them becoming nervous when there are rebel - rebel-like people in the - nearby?
A You mean overall?
Q658. Overall, yeah.
A Overall, this - I can't say they - they become nervous but they sort of feel more responsibility, you know.
Q659. And the things - what they say?
A Yeah, yeah, yeah. They - they - when they see rebels they - they sort of start to - they - - they know that they are - they might be responsible for their words, yeah, that …(indistinct)… .And, yeah, when there are no rebels there I would say they're probably more relaxed. Maybe it's just the fact that these people are armed because all people I spoke to, they are, you know, civilians and they are not even city people. They are - they're used to their calmer and, ah, to this slow life in the village so, you know, for them - they're not even, like, people who used to live in the cities and, of course, for them all this is such a disturbance. It's obvious, you know, from - from the way they behave.
AFP19112:
Q660. As a journalist, have you been to many war-torn areas?
A No. No, that was my first, you know - -
Q661. It's your first - - -
A - proper - well, I mean, I - I've been to Crimea, to - to …(indistinct)… in Kiev, to some tense areas but never to conflict zones.
Q662. So have you ever done any military training at all?
A We've done - no, no, not - not military, we've done - there is hostile environment course - -
Q663. Yes.
A - -- by BBC, I did this one and I did also the similar thing when I work for Russian TV, their similar thing.
Q664. Okay. So are you able to identify different types of weapons at all?
A A little bit. I mean, not perfectly but a little bit, yeah.
Q665. So can you describe the weapons that would be carried by the rebels on this day?
A Those who were with OSC, they had Kalashnikovs.
Q666. Yeah. Do you know what type?
A  I - oh, I think it was seventy-four but I'm not sure and also some had a case, oh, the small ones and the thing I noticed was that some of the Kalashnikovs were, how they say, like, they had additional details on them, you know, like, made for - -
Q667. Extra fittings and - - -
А Yeah, yeah, like, for - for the shoulder and the - don't know English word for it - the - -
Q668. Sights?
A Yeah.
Q669. Yeah.
А And also they had good knee pads, the one - the really good ones.
Q670. Okay,
А Yeah.
AFP19112: Do you want to move on from there or?
NPN17183: Okay.
AFP19112: Yeah.
NPN17183:
Q671. Okay. Well, let's go on for the day. Where are we now, about - and the time being?
A Ah, well, it was maybe two pm or something.
Q672. Two pm?
A There was …(indistinct)… or went around this …(indistinct)… to record some - my - my - my words, my piece to camera. Yeah, came back, recorded those guys. I recorded these …(indistinct)… and, yeah, this ring thing and then we left for Torez. I think it was three pm already while we reached Torez. In Torez we spoke to just random people on the street but none of them have seen BUK or something like this, none of them could help us.
AFP19112:
Q673. Did you stop on the way to Torez?
А What for?

Q674. When you left this area to go to Torez did you drive straight through or did you stop along the way?
A No, no, we - we went straight through, yeah.
NPN17183:
Q675. And how many people did you spoke in Torez if they have seen the BUK?
A I don't remember exactly but - well, three, four. Ah - yeah, several people. And also we had a quick lunch in the, um, café and also asked everyone - everyone there, all the staff…(indistinct)…
AFP19112:
Q676. So what type of questions do you ask when you first arrive? Like, do you say, excuse me, has anyone seen the BUK missile or? How do you introduce the topic?
A Like, 'Hi, we're journalists. ' Just, like, trying to - sometimes we start from, you know, from asking a road to somewhere - -
Q677. Yeah.
A Like, 'Where is this, where is that?' Yeah, I think, usually, we start from, like, 'Could - could you say where is, like, which way is Snezhnoye or something?" And I was, like, and, actually, you know, we're trying to find any evidence of - of - so trying to - trying to understand what happened. Did you - did you - did you hear or see anything? Did you hear or see anything about BUK? And they are answering. Then they say, 'Yeah.' But, overall, people were scared, I would say …(indistinct)… I vaguely remember but I remember that some say, like, somewhere.
Q678. So when you went to Torez whereabouts did you go, to the train station or somewhere else, when you spoke to these three or four people?
A No, I think we'd passed train station. We were - we were generally heading to the - to that area between Torez and Snezhnoye.
NPN17183: You can use this one. Oh, the same one we had already.
AFP19112: Looks like - - -
NPN17183: …(indistinct)…
AFP19112:
Q679. And what's - - -
А …(indistinct)… Donetsk.
NPN17183:
Q680. I think
А Torez - - -
Q681.- - - these are more detailed.
А Yeah, that - that is more detailed. Ah, this is another one.
NPN17201:
Q682. No, it's - the same as -
NPN17183:
Q683. That's a copy of the other one.
NPN17201:
Q684.…(indistinct)…
А Uh-huh, Uh-huh, Uh-huh.
NPN17183:
Q685. You can - - -
А …(indistinct)…
Q686. If you like you can use the same. …(indistinct)…
Q687. The first one.
А Yeah, it's easier for me to use that one. Maybe I should find them - Grabovo …(indistinct)… Grabovo …(indistinct)…
NPN17183:
Q688. What are you looking for?
А Trying to allocate myself. Can I see that …(indistinct)… one. It was easier for some reason, …(indistinct)…
AFP19112:
Q689. And just for the tape, we're looking at a map, attachment F
NPN17183:
Q690. F, F.
A … (indistinct)…
Q691. …(indistinct)… this one. …(indistinct)… What are you looking for, or, Olga?
А I'm looking for - -

AFP19112:
Q692. Torez?
А Torez, Snezhnoye …(indistinct)… I think it's - it's, um - -
NPN17183:
Q693. See …(indistinct)… here.
А It's - it's - -
Q694. I think - - -
А It's gone.
Q695. No, I don't think so. … (indistinct)…
A It's - it's - it's …(indistinct)…
AFP19112:
Q696. Here it is here.
NPN17183:
Q697. Snezhnoye.
AFP19112:
Q698. Here it is.
А …(indistinct)… I think it's there …(indistinct)…
NPN17183:
Q699. It's not north from Grabovo.
А Yeah, so and it - it - -
Q700. I don't think so. Or - or - -
A I think that - -
AFP19112:
Q701. There's Torez there.
NPN17183:Yes.
AFP19112: Donetsk, Torez, Luhansk.
NPN17183: Snezhnoye. …(indistinct)…
AFP19112: Should be in that area. But it's called something different on this map. NPN17183: Called Snezhnoye.
AFP19112: Something slightly different.
NPN17183: Isn't this Snezhnoye? … (Indistinct) …
NPN17183: I think it was here … (indistinct) … NPN17201: Yeah, here, this is … (indistinct) …
NPN17183: But it's difficult to see it.
NPN17201:
Q702. Yeah, this one.
А Where? Is this one.
NPN17183:
Q703. No, there's … (indistinct) …
A … (indistinct) … It's … (indistinct) …
Q704. …(indistinct)…
А Ah.
AFP19112:
Q705. Put a circle around it, make it easier for you.
A This one.
Q706. Yeah.
NPN17183:
Q707. I think it's written here or here. Snezhnoye.
А Not really sure though. …(indistinct)…
Q708. I can tell you, this - this is Snezhnoye.
A Okay. Snezhnoye and where is Torez then?
Q709. Now, in here.
А …(indistinct)… So there is a bigger map, right?
AFP19112: Can we -
NPN17183:
Q710. Sorry.
А That's fine.

AFP19112: Can we get that?
NPN17183:
Q711. I think …(indistinct)…
А Google - yeah, Google maps …(indistinct)… (laughs). …(indistinct)…
Q712. Okay.
A …(indistinct)… Okay. It's so small, I see. …(indistinct)…
Q713. You found … (indistinct)…
A Yes, …(indistinct)…, yeah.
Q714. Okay.
А …(indistinct)… Can I draw …(indistinct)…
Q715. From Snezhnoye.
А Uh-huh. …(indistinct)… and then - -
Q716. …(indistinct)…
А And here - -
Q717. …(indistinct)…
AFP19112:
Q718. Yeah, but it needs to come from Olga.
А About Torez.
NPN17201:
Q719. …(indistinct)…
NPN17183:
Q720. …(indistinct)…
NPN17201:
Q721. …(indistinct)…
А I found … (indistinct)… which - which will be useful for us later but still struggling to find that Grabovo one
NPN17183:
Q722. …(indistinct)…
А …(indistinct)… Grabovo.
(Indistinct background conversation)
IVSHINA: And then there's, I believe, …(indistinct)…
NPN17201:
Q723. There's one next to it. …(indistinct)… more.
A Yeah (laughs).
NPN17183: Q724.
Snezhnoye Yeah …(indistinct)… So, yeah, we went to Torez and went to - we tried to …(indistinct)… that photo. I'm not really sure where it was. I think, maybe, somewhere here.
…(indistinct)…
AFP19112: Can you just explain the reference? Just explain where we are.
NPN17183:
Q725. You've got here, ah, on Google Maps, we see here the place, Snezhnoye - Snezhnoye, and here you have …(indistinct)… And where did you go to?
А So it was somewhere here - somewhere between Snezhnoye and Torez, I believe. I remember it was at the edge of the city so the - the normal buildings ended and there were, you know, like, some areas of grass, some - some small buildings. A I'm not sure but I think we went somewhere here.
Q726. All right.
А Trying to find that exact, you know
AFP19112:
Q727. Sorry, could you just point to that place again, please?
A I'm not sure. I'm sorry, not sure but I think it's somewhere here, is my initial feeling.
AFP19112: Can you just describe that?
NPN17183:
Q728. And the reason you were there was?
А We were - you know, we've had the, ah, the image which was presented by SBU and we were just, you know, looking around trying to find the very same landscape.
Q729. Okay, Now, that's at the point in the - in the films?

A Yes, this one … (indistinct)…
Q730. Where you are looking for the markers in the terrain?
А Yeah, yeah, yeah. So there were - there is - there is my piece to camera when I stay and you can see this hill on my, like, behind my left shoulder. And then we zoom in there is exactly the same picture and then, ah
AFP19112:
Q731. That's when you refer to the poplars?
A Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly the same picture. And then we just went there to this exactly place which we could see on the - on the photo.
NPN17183:
Q732. Okay. You're not sure - you're not able to point it out on this map, I think, …(indistinct)… - -
A No, I'll try, I'll try. Mm, so it's Grabovo. So Torez is - is supposedly somewhere here, right?
Q733. I think here.
А Yeah. So this is actually …(indistinct)…
Q734. Yeah, …(indistinct)… I think I remember you were referring to a certain place, Saur-Mogila.
AFP19112: Yeah.
NPN17183:
Q735. Is that correct?
А Saur-Mogila could be seen here. Saur-Mogila could be seen behind my back, ah - -
AFP19112:
Q736. I think in your notes you sald you went to the outskirts of Torez - -
A Yeah.
Q737. Snezhnoye was about five kilometres away and you could see three poplar trees and a group of trees in the vicinity of Saur-Mogila memorial, near the coal mine.
А Yeah. So I mean, I know, the - we are now speaking about two different spots.
Q738. Okay.
A One of them is a spot on which we recorded, first, these two camera where you can see that trees in - far away but exactly corresponds to the, you know, so that we can recognise that the terrain is similar to the one which was - so, first, you see from far away, exactly as on the photo. And then we came to those trees …(indistinct)… --
NPN17183:
Q739. Yes.
А - - so we found those - those between those trees, ah, to those - --
AFP19112:
Q740. Can you just point to which trees you're referring to on there?
A We are referring to these three trees.
Q741. The three - and that's the three poplars?
A Yeah.
Q742. Okay.
А And then in some distance there was these particular group of trees you could …(indistinct)…
Q743. Just for the purpose of the videotape, you've indicated on attachment A the three single trees on the horizon on the left-hand side of the photograph?
А Yeah.
Q744. Yeah?
А Yeah, yeah.
Q745. Right.
А And then, yeah, on the right
Q746. Then the group of trees to the right of the photograph?
A Yeah. So on - and so we managed to come, like, here, I think because those - I mean, this tree was very, very visible and very close. So, yeah.
Q747. Okay.
A Because we sort of tried to find any explanation for the smoke or something because we thought maybe the smoke, you know, was coming exactly from this spot or something because by that moment there were - there were no reports by …(indistinct)… or something, it appeared maybe … (indistinct)… or something. So we thought, maybe, you know, if we come to very - to that very place we'll find the - the source of that smoke or something.
Q748. Sorry, can I just confirm that we haven't jumped ahead, we're still at - you've arrived at Torez around about three o'clock and this is where you've spoken to those three or four people in this area here, too?

А No, not here, no. This is outskirts of Torez - -
Q749. Okay.
А This is not Torez already I would say but we spoke to people in Torez.
Q750. Right. So you went to Torez, spoke to these people, how long did you stay in that area for before going to this area?
А Not - not long.
Q751. All right.
А Well, we - we had lunch, maybe, for
Q752. Okay.
А -- twenty, thirty minutes …(indistinct)…
Q753. All right. So after speaking to these people, having lunch, you then - -
А We - -
Q754. drove off?
А Yeah, went further.
Q755. And how long did it take to drive to this location, the first location?
A I mean, if you know where is it it's really quick. I don't know, maybe from - from Torez, twenty minutes or maybe even less, if you know. But we spent quite a while because we're, you know, trying to find it.
Q756. All right.
NPN17183:
Q757. Were searching - -
AFP19112:
Q758. So you got to the area within about twenty minutes and then you're looking around the area - -
А Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Q759. Was that for the launch site or for another site?
А We were trying to find the source of the smoke.
Q760. Okay.
А Because, I mean, you see we're not military people as well so at that moment, yeah, my idea was, okay, this is the photo, how, then - it seems that smoke is coming from somewhere here, from this horizon so we tried to get to this horizon line.
Q761. All right. So by referring to that as the smoke and the source of the smoke - - what do you think the source of the smoke would refer to?
A Well, we thought we would find a launch site maybe.
Q762. Okay.
А Or, yeah, or something which, maybe, maybe - we thought maybe we come there and see rebel positions or positions of some other military people, this would give us a clue, we thought. So this was our logic, yeah.
NPN17183:
Q763. And what did you find?
A We found - so we came to very exact place and quite close there - there was, like, a …(indistinct)… - how to say it in English - oh, there was a coal mine - -
Q764. Yeah.
А And you know this - ah, near the coal mine there is all the --
Q765. The markers?
А - - like, small mountain, yeah, small mountain - -
Q766. Oh, yeah, yeah, the small mountains … (indistinct)…
A Yeah, yeah. So we found that small mountain and it was actually smoke was coming out of it, a little …(indistinct)… a little bit of smoke. Also white smoke. And when we came there we also saw that, you know, in some distance you can see Saur-Mogila, which was - clearly see Saur Mogila which was place of intense fighting at the moment so we thought, mm, this means that, you know, it's very hard to say what is the source of this smoke because, first of all, there is a coal mine - - - and sometimes just from our …(indistinct)… we - very often, you know, you are somewhere in the Donetsk region and you're searching for news so - and you see some - there is some smoke coming and …(indistinct)… ah, there is fighting or, I don't know, fighter jet …(indistinct)… oh - and then just see, oh, it's a coal mine or it's, how they call it, ah, heating station.
AFP19112:
Q767. How would you describe the amount of smoke coming from that coal mine? From that small mountain - small mound?

A It was, ah, at that moment it - it was not, um - -
Q768. I mean, is it similar to the smoke in this plume here on the photograph? Or is it small like a cigarette smoke?
A No, not - not like a cigarette but not as much as this one. But, then, I mean, sometimes those mines produce more smoke, sometimes less smoke and, I mean, in the distance we could see mines producing more sufficient amount of smoke.
Q769. And what colour smoke was it?
A Well, it was light. I mean, it wasn't dark, it was light so - whitish. Can't say exactly white but whitish.
NPN17183
Q770. And what makes - why does that come out of those mines, do you know that?
А Ah, yeah, local - our driver, who is a local, he sald, ah - and, I mean, where do I know that from, just from my human experience, I've seen before when we came to Donetsk, when, like, in April and March there were no …(indistinct)…
Q771. Yeah.
А I saw a coal mine and sometimes you could see smoke out of there. I mean, I never studied the - the - the reason of that smoke.
Q772. Okay.
А Some production process probably. So, yeah, now, we thought, mm, this means that, you know, this smoke on the photo, I mean, we're not … (indistinct) … There is - there are two things which may produce smoke, like, if you - if you see them. So there is a coal mine, it can produce smoke. And on Saur-Mogila there are constant fightings, there are different types of weapons, explosives, etcetera, everything. So smoke could - could have come from there so we thought, yeah, we were quite satisfied with what - what we found at that very spot, you know, because it already was some additional value, it was the thing which no one reported at the moment, no one sort of did the same, so we were quite satisfied and it was already becoming dark by the moment we fulfilled all that. Yeah, ah, went back home.
AFP19112:
Q773. Did you take many photos from around that site or - or videos?
А Yes, there is a video you can see from the - in - in the report.
Q774. All right. Good.
А It was there - we first showed these group of trees and then we showed that three trees and then there was a close-up of the coal mine which was behind my, ah, left shoulder …(indistinct)… and I also pointed to Saur-Mogila which was behind my right shoulder.
Q775. I've seen those footage reports but do you have any other footage as well from that area …(indistinct)…
А Maybe a little bit, yeah, a little bit -
Q776. Looking - looking at the ground perhaps or?
A There was nothing in particular - -
Q777. Nothing on the ground?
А - on the ground. No, no, we - we looked at the ground, nothing
really interesting so - - -
NPN17183:
Q778. Do we know the name of that mine?
А No.
Q779. Okay.
А No, no. Because, yeah, also, ah, to film on a mine you have to get special permission and, ah, and generally we try to keep very low profile because we're BBC and sometimes we're not welcome by - by
rebels so - which we didn't ask anyone, you know, filming, tried to do everything as quickly as we can.
Q780. Okay. Can you recall what the weather circumstances were at the moment you were there?
А I don't remember, you know, any weather detail but the weather was good, it was very sunny. I remember that a colleague of mine put, ah, something to cover her head, it was very hot. The sky was blue. The sky was - I think it was - it was blue and the - the vision - visibility was very good.
Q781. Temperature?
А Oh, it was hot, it was hot. I don't know.
Q782. … (indistinct)…
А Twenty-five, thirty.
Q783. And it's, what, you were the same crew or?
А Yeah, yeah, it's all the same people, yeah, yeah. Yeah - yes, well, I think also on the - in the report we filmed this - this small bit of smoke coming from the coal mine.
AFP19112: Oh, good.

AFP19112:
Q784. If the mine had no name or number on the outside, were there any other identifying features, you know, like, a - an object or a pile of rocks or something? Or a symbol nearby - -
А Well, if you stand there, there is only one mine.
Q785. Okay.
А I mean, on the way there there was another mine but there - there's one mine.
Q786. Stand where, sorry, in this - - -
A Stand - -
Q787. -- position here and that's before - - -
А If you - yeah, yeah, if you stand in this particular position there is only one mine - - -
NPN17183:
Q788. You stand in the horizon.
AFP19112:
Q789. Yeah.
А Yeah, yeah, here in the photograph, yeah.
NPN17183:
Q790. But if you - well, no, I'm just kidding, but if you are standing in the line between this
AFP19112: The group of trees?
NPN17183:
Q791. -- and the other three.
А Yeah.
Q792. They're the same line, yeah? You have been standing here or - -
А Yeah, yeah, I was, I was standing somewhere here, I believe.
AFP19112:
Q793. Do you want to put a cross where you think you were?
А I think so, I mean, I'm not an expert in that but - - -
Q794. That's okay - - -
А  I believe I was here. I truly believe I was there (laughs). I might be mistaken.
Q795. All right. So you've just marked a cross on the map called attachment
A. Alright, thank you.
NPN17183:
Q796. Okay.
А And, yeah, I think these trees are little bit, you know, they're - they're not at the same line - -
AFP19112:
Q797. No.
А …(indistinct)…
NPN17183;
Q798. Do we have the - the … (indistinct) … I'm calling it, you know, when we - -
А On this spot?
Q799. Yes.
А Ah, don't think so.
Q800. In your camera?
A Ah, I don't know. I mean, I just don't know where they - if - I don't know whether it records it.
AFP19112:
Q801. When you were at that spot did you send any emails or phone calls from there? Sorry.
A Oh, don't remember.
AFP19112: Okay.
NPN17183:
Q802. Did you just make video, no photo - pictures?
A Ah. I have to think. I don't think I made - I think I made the video and no pictures because it's very hard to make a picture of it so to – to prove that, yeah, that you are there because they're all, you know, quite away from each other so you have to - -
AFP19112:

Q803. There's nothing to reference, is there?
А Yeah, move around. Don't think I took any pictures.
NPN17183:
Q804. As you told, it was getting dark, yeah?
А Well, not yet, not yet. When we were there it was still fine, it was quite sunny but by the moment we returned back to the place where we first recorded the piece to camera, so to the place where you can see this - this picture - it was already, like, five local time, I think. Five pm local time. Five, maybe - or half-past five.
AFP19112:
Q805. So who took that photograph?
А I don't know. Ah, I mean, I - I read about it in the internet -
Q806. All right.
А that there is a local.
Q807. So that's not your photograph?
A No, no, no, it's not my photograph.
Q808. Okay.
А No.
NPN17183:
Q809. Okay. And what did you after - do after this - - -
A Well, we spoke to my producers in - in London, they wanted a live for Russian village and - at seven pm local time so we needed - and also we needed to get home before dark because it was considered to be dangerous and I think they also introduced - how do you call this?
AFP19112:
Q810. Curfew?
А Curfew. The - the hour when you have to leave. So we were heading home. We stopped near one of the checkpoints to do a live broadcast, yeah, …(indistinct)…, you know, blah, blah, blah, did all those things and then we just headed home.
Q811. Could we just go back again to this photograph?
А Yeah.
Q812. Just before you go on. It's my understanding the photograph was - may have been taken by a local.
А A I think so, yeah.
Q813. Did you speak to the person who took the photograph?
A No.
Q814. Did - and when you went back to the location where the photograph was taken was that a particular point, a reference point, like a building or crossroads or somewhere?
A No. I mean, we - I think we were slightly in the other place because it was the place with no buildings.
Q815. Okay.
А But what we could do - because it was - you know, I mean this is like a close up.
Q816. Yeah. Yeah.
А I mean, generally. We were like this sort of - -
Q817. Yeah.
А - so we had a wider picture. There was some grass here so - and I was standing right here.
Q818. Yeah.
А So if you take a picture from the side where I was standing it would be a - - -
Q819. Bigger.
А wider one. Yeah, yeah. So this - you can see this part behind my shoulder and also we did realise that it wasn't the very same spot but we were satisfied enough because it was definitely - -
Q820. In that area.
А recognisable, it was definitely the same because
Q821. Okay.
А - when I was editing my piece later I, like, put this picture and put the picture I filmed with the cross dissolve and it was, you know, almost the same.
Q822. With the what, sorry?
А Edit with the cross dissolve.
Q823. Cross dissolve?
А Yeah, yeah. It was - --
Q824. Okay.

Вы здесь » MH17: как и кто? » Материалы по MH17 » Документы JIT: Заявление свидетеля Ившина