MH17: как и кто?

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » MH17: как и кто? » Материалы по MH17 » Документы JIT: Заявление свидетеля Ившина

Документы JIT: Заявление свидетеля Ившина

Сообщений 61 страница 90 из 116

А It was the same.
Q825. Magic.
А (Laughs)
Q826. Okay, Sorry to interrupt there.
А No.
Q827, You then said you left and went on from there - - -
A Ah - - -
Q828. Before I interrupted you?
А No, no. We - we came from - from the cross.
Q829. Yes.
А We came, like, to this - to the place where we first recorded and plece for camera. And then we headed back to Donetsk, headed back home.
Q830. Back to the hotel?
A Yeah.
NPN17201:
Q831. Sorry, Perhaps you - you - - -
А Yeah, yeah (laughs).
NPN17183:
Q832. Yeah. Been here and can you point out whether it's south or north or east from Snezhnoye?
А I think this cross is here or maybe here.
AFP19112:
Q833. Could you put another cross on the map there please?
А Yeah, yeah.
Q834. And put a circle around the cross.
А Here or here. I mean, I'm not - not really sure about it. I think maybe
NPN17201:
Q835. Well, you can mark the arrow in - -
А Okay. I sort of - I believe --
AFP19112:
Q836. Put a cross where you think it is.
A Yeah. Okay, I believe that I was - I was the first - this is the first point, like, where we recorded PTC.
NPN17201:
Q837. Mark it number one.
А Yeah, yeah. That's what I did.
Q838. Sorry.
А And - and this is - I think so, I might be mistaken. I mean, I never learned to - to - all this, you know.
Q839. That's okay.
А  So I just think - I just believe that it's somewhere here, the - the - like, this one.
AFP19112:
Q840. So the point you've marked as number two, is it that cross, the cross?
А Yeah.
Q841. That's the cross on the map?
А Yeah.
Q842. Okay.
A I think so. It might be.
NPN17201:
Q843. Perhaps it's better to write it down on the map.
AFP19112: She's done it.
NPN17201: Okay.
AFP19112: Yeah.
NPN17201:
Q844. Yeah. Thanks.
А  And this is here too.
NPN17183: But it's - the sightseeing is in the - the - - -
NPN17201: Which direction?

NPN17183: - direction of - in what direction are you looking?
AFP19112:
Q845. To take this photograph where were you standing to look at that view, were you standing here looking this way at that point? Do you understand what we're saying? This point here - -
NPN17183: Q846. Which direction you were -
AFP19112:
Q847. Where the cross is on the map is that point on the - is on - sorry. Where the cross is marked number two on the photograph - -
A Yeah.
Q848. -- is the cross marked number two on the map. So where were you
standing to take this photograph?
A I was standing - I believe that - - -
Q849. In relation to that.
А - - - you know, not - not in relation to the map. I think - yeah, try to - yeah, I think maybe I was mistaken. So Torez was here. When I was taking the picture, you know, like - -
Q850. Yeah.
А - - not by compass but, like, by feeling - -
NPN17201:
Q851. Yeah.
А - Torez was, like, there and Snezhnoye was, like, there I think. I think so, might be mistaken though. Should it be here?
Q852. You were saying you were looking in the direction of the Saur-Mogila?
A So, Saur Mogila, yes. When - when we stand there then I saw Saur- Mogila was behind my - behind my back.
NPN17183;
Q853. Behind your back?
А Behind my back.
AFP19112: So where's Saur-Mogila here?
NPN17201:
Q854. If that's - so Saur-Mogila is here?
А Is it?
NPN17201: Yes.
AFP19112:
Q855. Yeah.
А Okay. Then - yeah, then I'm correct probably. Should it be - yeah, we came - - -
NPN17201: So if this - if Saur-Mogila is - you're - at your back - at your back then - --
NPN17183:
Q856. Because she was recorded at that moment in the film I think.
A Yeah, yeah. So Saur-Mogila was behind my - like, far away but still behind my back. Yeah, so I - I believe I was somewhere here, yeah.
Q857. So this - and this photo is taken in the direction of this way - -
AFP19112: Looking towards Saur-Mogila?
NPN17183: No, Saur-Mogila was here you see.
AFP19112: That's what I'm saying, yeah.
Q858. We're looking in the direction of Saur-Mogila.
NPN17201:
Q859. Yeah.
A Well, I - - -
AFP19112: Q860. So if you continued over here somewhere you'd eventually get to Saur- Mogila. A I mean, when - when I was taking this photo I didn't
Q861. Okay.
А I didn't see Saur-Mogila at all.
Q862. All right.
A So I couldn't, you know, allocate it at all but when we arrive there, then you can see Saur-Mogila. Maybe - you know, maybe you have to point a little bit but when you arrive on that - when you arrive on that spot, when you arrive on that horizon then you can see Saur-Mogila but when you take this picture you can't see Saur-Mogila so we - we -

that's why it was a - sort of a discovery for us because - we couldn't - I mean, this was a discovery for us that you can see so many Saur- Mogila from that spot. We thought that that's new and that's - -
NPN17201:
Q863. And standing on that spot - -
A -valuable.
NPN17183:
Q864. Spot number two.
NPN17201:
Q865. Spot number two you were able to see Saur-Mogila. Was it on this side, this side, this side or this side?
А Well - -
Q866. It's hard.
А It's hard (laughs). So if you stay there-
AFP19112:
Q867. Do you understand what we're trying to do, is to work out the location from where you believe the photograph was taken, the general area?
A I see. I remember seeing these things.
Q868. So to get to that did you drive through this?
A Drive around the river.
Q869. You came around this way, did you?
А Mm.
Q870. All right.
А We also had to - to make a lot of turns. Because there are - … (indistinct)… is controlled by coal mines. And they-
Q871. Put fences and boundaries.
А Yeah. You know, it does go there so we had - to move a lot to get there.
Q872. So from where you were looking at this photograph, so not point two but the first point - you couldn't see Saur-Mogila?
А No, I couldn't.
Q873. And it wasn't until you arrived at point two
А Yeah, because there are holes and downhills and uphills.
Q874. So when you got to point two you were then closer to point - Saur- Mogila than you were before?
A Way closer. Way, way, way closer.
AFP19112: Okay.
NPN17183:
Q875. And it was in front of you, somewhere in front, not from your back?
A Well, it depends on how you stay.
NPN17183: Of course.
… (Laughing) …
NPN17183:
Q876. Oh, yeah, I'm sorry.
А (Laughs) You can - you can stay sort of
Q877. …(indistinct)…
NPN17201:
Q878. Yeah.
А So if you - if you look at Saur-Mogila that would be there.
AFP19112:
Q879. Yeah.
А And here, way, way, way closer would be a coal mine. Then I'd say there, there would be trees, that - these group of trees and, like - and kind of, like - -
Q880. Okay, Okay, Well, that's - - -
А here would be these -
Q881. -getting closer.
А …(indistinct)…
Q882. So
А Let me draw otherwise we - - -
Q883. Yeah, that might be easier. Perhaps if you just draw a sketch first.

A It's - it's - for me it's easier to - to draw my own maps (laughs),
NPN17183:
Q884. (Laughs) Oh, we should have known that.
А (Laughs) First of all let me draw the - the map of the - -
Q885. Yeah.
А Map of the first PTC. PTC is pistol camera.
NPN17183;
Q886. Pistol camera?
А  Pistol camera. The one where - where it appear on screen while I talk. Pistol camera. Like a - yeah.
AFP19112:
Q887. It's a lone camera?
А Huh?
Q888. One camera by itself, is that what you mean, pistol camera?
A No, pistol camera, it's where - a moment when correspondent appears on - on tape.
Q889. Okay.
NPN17183;
Q890. Okay, When - -
A When I say - -
Q891. When you are on tape - - -
А Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Q892. -- then it's - becomes a - - -
А Pistol camera.
Q893. - pistol camera.
А  BBC calls it like this.
Q894. Okay. Okay.
А So we were standing - - -
NPN17201:
Q895. …(indistinct)…
NPN17183:
Q896. Yeah.
А  You can see those buildings here. Then you could see those group of trees here, little trees here. Here was the end of barriers. There was a road - I think there was coal mine one, coal mine two.
AFP19112:
Q897. Were they numbered one and two or?
А  No, no, it's - in my head - they're numbered like this. There are all those hills, uphills, downhills, several this, you know. Mountains which are produced by coal mines. This was a lot of grass here, generally, like, uninhabited part so we stood here. We were fighting this grass because I'm short.
NPN17201:
Q898. Someone has to cut that.
A (Laughs). So, yeah, and that is what was on photo, so. And I believe - I remember we were discussing it, that photo was probably taken from somewhere here, like, somewhere from here. I don't know. Anyway, ay, and we were more from - from - from - from, like, you see we were more from here. But still it was, you know, satisfiable and recognisable.
AFP19112:
Q899. Were there any houses near that - near this area here?
А  Yeah, yeah, yeah. There were houses. This is the end of the …(indistinct)…
Q900. But were you - this particular area here that you've circled were there any houses there too?
A Yeah, yeah. I mean, we - we sort of didn't - yeah. We definitely seen some houses here but - - -
NPN17183:
Q901. And which city was it or village?
AFP19112: Torez.
NPN17183:
Q902. It was Torez?
А Well, this was the end of the Torez.
Q903. The end of Torez?
А The end of Torez.

Q904. Yeah. All right.
А  And this - I don't know. You see sometimes - I mean for us it's - I mean I am from a big city so we - we know - for me it's all Torez but they can say that, no, this is something - minor or something, something. And these buildings are also some small cities - some small houses, etcetera. It looked like a suburb of Torez or something like that.
AFP19112:
Q905. What does that say?
А That's - -
NPN17201:
Q906. Building.
А - B', buildings. Buildings. Buildings.
AFP19112:
Q907. Buildings.
A Small building. So, yeah, then we took this road and then we appeared - doesn't matter. So we took this road and then we appeared on this - on - on - what's on this spot.
Q908. That's 'X two'. Yeah.
А Yeah. PTC number two. So this is where the second pistol camera was recorded. And then we came from - from road to tree one, tree two, tree three. I think it was somewhere here. Quite in a distance there were those three trees.
Q909. Oh, they're the poplar trees, are they?
NPN17183; Q910. Yeah.
A Yeah. This is
AFP19112: Q911. Yeah, yeah. These ones?
A And these are - yeah, this individual trees and this is a group of trees.
Q912. On this side.
А We were sort of on a - on a hill. This is, like, a minor hill. Miner, I mean, like a mini hill and then you could see the coal mine.
Q913. That's the one with the smoke?
А Yeah, produced a little bit of smoke. And then over there you could see - like, it was already on the horizon. You could see Saur-Mogila.
Q914. You mentioned Saur-Mogila memorial.
А Yeah. So you can see this - -
NPN17183: Q915. Statue.
А Yeah, because it's - yeah, statue. It's - - -
AFP19112: Q916. Is it a statute of something in particular, like, a person or a - -
А Like, a - it's - it's - It's a hill. And then - it's a hill. And I've never been to the top of the hill, I have been to the - how do you call it - to the - -
Q917. To the base?
A To the base of the hill, yeah, in April. I saw it, some monuments to soldiers and then you can go all the way up. And all the - all the way up there is the words - it doesn't exist any more. The words were, like, big monument, like a statue but it doesn't show anyone. It's, like, … (indiscernible). And this - it's - it's easily seen from all the different spots. So, yeah, I think - I believe I was standing somewhere here so I could see Saur-Mogila and coal mine but coal mine was - was way closer, it was very, very close.
Q918. And that's Saur-Mogila there, is it?
NPN17183: Yeah.
NPN17201: Yeah.
AFP19112:
Q919. Okay, Thank you.
А And I mean, yeah, for us - for us it was - it was - it didn't prove anything. I mean, it - it neither proved that there was BUK, it also didn't prove that there wasn't BUK.
AFP19112:
Q920. Yeah. That's right.
А What - what it proved for us was that, you know, this - this is a complicated story and, you know, we should be careful and don't make any, you know, any statements - -
Q921. Or assumptions.

А - - or something. Yeah, assumptions because I remember mention when we were writing, so this is definitely the proof that the - missile was launched and then we came and just found out that there may be different reasons for that smoke to come. That's how we thought at the moment.
Q922. Okay,
A Yeah.
Q923. That's good. Yeah.
NPN17183: Okay.
AFP19112: Do you have any other questions about that?
NPN17201: No, I think it's clear for me.
NPN17183: No, no. I think it's clear enough and I want to thank you for - - -
AFP19112: These. Yeah.
NPN17183:
Q924. For, yeah, the time you took now and the drawings because it makes a lot of sense for us.
A Really? Okay.
AFP19112: Yes. It's - -
NPN17201:
Q925. Very clear. Yeah.
A I feel guiity for not being able to allocate things that's (Laughs)
…(indistinct)… on there.
AFP19112:
Q926. No, that's good actually. It certainly makes it a bit clearer for us.
A Okay. Well, that's good.
Q927. So after leaving this place you then return back to the hotel at Donetsk.
А Yeah.
Q928. What did you do that evening?
А  Ah, edited. But not this piece, not the piece - about - as we called it, BUK hunt. But the - the one about the Dutch investigators arriving. Yeah, yeah, all that thing, you know, pictures from crash sites and
NPN17183:
Q929. That also got broadcasted?
А  Yeah, in - in Russian. Yeah, in Russian. We also filed a run for - for … (indistinct) … BBC. I don't know whether it was broadcasted. I mean, they don't report back to us and I was too - too busy and tired to check.
Q930. Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay.
AFP19112:
Q931. Did you meet up with any other colleagues that night? Yeah, yeah, we - we met every evening - and discussed, you know, w, exchanged information because it's very important who - who have seen what, who have - done what, how are the rebels - it was very important for us. And also we - of course we spoke to each other, trying to help each other because - it was quite demanding job.
Q932. Yeah, would have been.
А Quite stressful, so we were just, you know, trying to help each other.
AFP19112:
Q933. Can you recall the names of any journalists that you would be happy to provide us?
A Well, basically we were sitting with - with our journalists, with BBC guys.
Q934. From BBC?
А  Yeah.
Q935. Okay. So apart from the names you've already given us from BBC was there anyone else from BBC?
А Well, there are - there were managers from BBC. There were - there were several crews, yeah.
Q936. Can you provide any names?
А  Yeah. Well, it was - there were many of them (laughs)
NPN17183:
Q937. (Laughs) Which one do you recognise?
А (Laughs) Should I name them all?
AFP19112:
Q938. As many as you recall.
A It was Daniel SANDFORD.

Q939. Yes, we've got him.
A It was Natalia ANTILEVA. She was working a lot at the crash site. Her cameraman, Abduzhalil ABDURASULOR.
Q940. Sorry?
А (Laughs)
NPN17183: (Laughs) She was already smiling when she - said it.
(Laughter)
AFP19112: Can you find some - maybe some BBC reporters that have easy names to spell?
(Laughter)
NPN17183:
Q941. (Laughs) … (indistinct) … Okay. That's enough.
A … (indistinct) … I think it's like this. No, I think - no, they changed it now. It's Abduzhalil with 'zh', Yeah, it's with a 'zh' I think.
AFP19112:
Q942. Abdu - -
А Abduzhalil. Yeah, Abduzhalil.
NPN17183:
Q943. Abduzhalil.
А Yeah, Abduzhalil. No, it's - it's together. Abduzhalil and it's his first name.
AFP19112: Try it again.
NPN17183: Easy.
IVSHINA: It's - it's his name and his surname is ABDURASULOR.
NPN17183: Now, this is last name.
IVSHINA: Yeah.
NPN17183: Okay.
IVSHINA: It's - --
AFP19112: Try again.
(Laughter)
NPN17183:… school teacher.
(Laughter)
NPN17183: … red pen.
(Laughter)
NPN17183: Again.
AFP19112:
Q944. Is it R A S?
A ABDURASULOR.
Q945. Now, there was another too with Daniel. You mentioned before - Kevin BISHOP.
А Ah, Kevin BISHOP. Kevin BISHOP was in charge of all of us.
NPN17183: So … (indistinct) …
AFP19112:
Q946. So he was in charge of journalists or photographers or everyone?
А We didn't - we don't have photographers. He was in charge of all the teams. He was - he was mostly in Donetsk, sitting in Donetsk coordinating us all.
Q947. BBC or other journalists?
А BBC. Just BBC. Yeah, he was coordinating us all. All the - that's how we call them in BBC, there is always - if there is a big deployment there is always someone in charge.
NPN17183:
Q948. Yeah, and then he tells some assignments to every crew?
A Yeah. Well, I mean it's not like an army. You know, we usually - sit, sit altogether, And, yeah - but, yeah, he's - he's the last one to decide. He - he - -
Q949. That you don't do any double work.
A Yeah, yeah, yeah. So he - so we all discuss and then, yeah, then in the end he makes decision. So these people do lives, these people are deployed there, these people are deployed here.
AFP19112:
Q950. Actually I think we looked at Natalia's report before but she wasn't going to be used I think.

A Yes, and Natalia was together with Abduzhalil all the time. He was her cameraman. So, yeah, there was Daniel SANDFORD and his cameraman, Anton CHICHEV, also always with him.
Q951. CHICHEV?
А Yeah.
Q952. So C H?
А Yeah, CHICHEV, C H. Yeah. CHICHEV, yeah. Fergal KEANE I remember and Dom, his cameraman.
Q953. Fergal KEANE?
A KEANE, C - no, KE A N E. KEANE. Yeah, that's it.
NPN17183:
Q954. And, okay, tell what did you talk about with each other, did they have something and especially saw things –
A No, no. You see, we were sort of in a - in a better position because they were all reporting for BBC World or BBC News so they had very tight deadlines, they had a lot of commitments. Let's say Natalia, she had to do a lot of live requests. Daniel was doing for evening program, Fergal was for ten - for ten pm so they were, you know, really - they had really to stick to the day to day news. And - but we had a little bit more freedom so we could try to investigate things. We didn't have a a, you know, mandatory commitment to broadcast. I mean, we did broadcast every day but, you know, the - the request for us was lower so the - the demand for - for us was lower so we could only file, you know, small piece every day and it was fine. So we had more time to, you know, go around, etcetera. That's why Kevin sort of supported our decision to try to - to go on a BUK hunt. Because unlike all the others we had time for that, we could afford it, so to say.
AFP19112:
Q955. So after returning to the hotel you've edited the stories about the Dutch investigators, spoken with the other-
A All the guys, yeah.
Q956. - guys from BBC. Did you do anything else?
А No.
NPN17183:
Q957. Did they have information about the launch site?
A They?
Q958. Yeah.
А No.
Q959. No.
А They - for some reason - I mean they - they were not particularly, you know - they were - they were - they were interested in that as humans but professionally they had other commitments. They had to cover, you know, the - the crash site, as we say, as we call this, so they had to cover the news from the crash site. We see monitors, how bodies are doing, I think then one of the teams was deployed to Horlivka for something. So crash site, bodies, we see monitors … (indistinct) … Donetsk.
NPN17183:
Q960. But they ran into information about the BUK? They did –
A They - they ask, like, so how was - how was your hunt? Well, we said this are other news up to the moment. They said, well, you know, there is nothing - you know, like, really breaking in that so far. So, yeah, just - they said keep going but, yeah, nothing to - to be broken just yet.
AFP19112:
Q961. All right. So you did nothing else that day?
А  No.
Q962. Called it quits for the day, you went to bed.
А Yeah.
Q963. Then got up on Tuesday?
А Yeah.
Q964. The twenty-second of July.
А Yeah.
Q965. What can you tell us about Tuesday?
А  Ah, no, In the - in the - at - at night - sorry, You see it's - -
… (Indiscernible overtalking) …
at the evening of that day I also read on the internet and also my colleagues from the Russian Service told me that you know actually the bloggers they found the possible co-ordinates of the BUK launch and I started to read about this, that - yeah, that's what I did. I spent quite - quite a while reading all that and then there was a blogger investigation. The - I read it in Russian, it was

AFP19112:
Q966. A what investigation?
А Well, they - they would - they took all these photos, etcetera, and drew this - -
NPN17183:
Q967. Lines.
А thing. Yeah, yeah, yeah, trying to allocate the possible site of the BUK launch.
AFP19112:
Q968. Do you recall who that was, what group?
NPN17183:
Q969. The blogger.
A This one. This one, the second one. But this is a Russian one and he referred to a guy, to some foreign guy, to either British - I think he was British or American blogger. He was - he became famous for his online investigations concerning the CA conflict and he tried to make the same for - for this one.
AFP19112:
Q970. Sorry, did you just say his name then?
А  The second one, I don't remember his name.
Q971. No. Okay.
A But you can read it in - that - that man refers back to him, so basically
Q972. This is not the same one from Bellingcat that was used?
NPN17183;
Q973. From Bellingcat. Yeah.
A I think Bellingcat didn't - wasn't - wasn't - didn't - I don't know to be honest. I didn't read Bellingcat at that time but this - this man, this is a Russian, the - - -
NPN17183:
Q974. This is a Russian blogger?
А  Yeah, yeah. And - - -
Q975. Blogger. Blogger.
A Blogger. But he - I think he didn't do anything on this own. He just summarised - -
NPN17201:
Q976. Collecting information from others - - Yeah, from two or three and other English speaking bloggers. Let's put it this way, Right.
AFP19112:
Q977. Was it - it wasn't a person called Danio, was it?
А I don't remember to be honest. You see, like, journalist's mind it's - just takes the information it needs and trashes everything else, so I was, like, this is the thing I need. I thought - I think, well, yeah, we - we still miss it for the report.
Q978. Thank you. So after you read that report online about these - the bloggers who believe they've located or solved - the mystery and located their possible launch site, did you compare that with your photographs and your notes? Yeah.
А Yeah, yeah. We - and it was consistent.
Q979. It was consistent?
А  Relatively consistent. Yeah. I mean, as far as I understand it all I was - wasn't teached as a - how - how they call it, geographer, what's the - topographer.
Q980. But you were happy with the report, it matched your –
А Yeah, more or less.
Q981. analysis?
А  I mean, in the - like, in, I don't know, maybe ninety per cent, eighty per cent I found it credible. I also read those in English, that one in English, so of course there were some emotions but I just dropped that emotional parts of the - those reports and things, so, yeah, I just - I found them consistent with our - with what we found with our findings. And we decided that next morning we go straight away there to this - to the co-ordinates they provided us.
NPN17183:
Q982. The coordinates you got from this blogger?
A Yeah, and - - -
AFP19112:
Q983. They're the co-ordinates there, are they?
А They're the co-ordinates, yeah.
Q984. Thank you.

А Circled there.
Q985. And so we have northings, forty-seven degrees, yeah, fifty eight minutes, sixty seconds and eastings, thirty-eight degrees, forty-four minutes, fifty-six point two seconds. Did you get that?
AFP19112:
Q986. Thank you. So just to confirm they're the - that's the co-ordinates as provided on that report by the bloggers to be the launch site.
А M'mm, possible launch site.
Q987. Sorry, possible launch site. Excellent.
NPN17183:
Q988. Okay, And that's where you went the next day?
A Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Q989. And what did you see?
А (Laughs) We see a huge field.
AFP19112:
Q990. Sorry, what time did you go?
А Well, in the morning. I don't - maybe eight, something like this.
Q991. So this is Tuesday, the twenty-second now of July?
А  Yeah, exactly. Yeah.
Q992. About eight o'clock?
A Yeah.
Q993. And when - by vehicle again, by car?
А Yeah, by car. Yeah.
Q994. Same car, same crew?
А  I think so, yeah, yeah. Same car, same crew, yeah.
Q995. And how long did that journey take?
A Well, it takes some time, you know, because - maybe - maybe two hours I would say altogether, maybe a little bit more because there are all the checkpoints. You - you miss all the --
Q996. How many checkpoints did you go through?
А Four, five I think.
Q997. And who were manning the checkpoints?
А  Rebels. The rebels.
Q998. So if you had to compare the uniforms, the badges, the flags, the equipment at each checkpoint, were they similar? A Most of them. Most of them.
Q999. So you were led to believe that they're all rebels at every checkpoint?
А  What's that?
Q1000. So every checkpoint was definitely by rebels?
A Yeah, definitely.
Q1001. All right.
А Yeah.
Q1002. Did you see many logos, badges or flags?
A There was some.
Q1003. And would you recognize those again?
А  Well, I do remember that some were Vostok Battalion.
Q1004. Okay, And how would you describe members from Vostok, how were they different to the other rebels?
А  Well, they are more - they are more like military, they're more - more disciplined I would say. Also more confident in themselves.
Q1005. They also wear something different on their uniform. Can you recall what that might be?
А Well, they have their special sign.
Q1006. All right. And what does that sign say?
A There are, like, the stripes, this ribbon types of stripes. They are very thick and they also have it on their emblem. Yeah, yeah, yeah, like this. Like this. I think more like this. I think there were also guys from - what they call them - Orthodox Army.
Q1007. Orthodox. Yeah. What about that, did that appear anywhere?

A Yeah, I've seen it. I mean, maybe not - you see it on - it gets mixed in my mind but I've seen those things of course during the --
Q1008. As part of the Vostok Battalion?
A Well, they claim to be.
Q1009. Yeah. All right. Can I just get you just to put your initials on those?
A You mean the signature?
Q1010. On the ones that you believe are related to the Vostok Battalion. So if you just write down Vostok and then just initials and. Is that one too?
А   Well, I remember it but I don't know. I do remember that.
Q1011. All right.
A  But don't know.
Q1012. Okay. Thank you. Actually, we'll come to this later because there's a few others on here.
NPN17183: Yeah, of course.
AFP19112:
Q1013. Yeah. All right. So you went through about four or five checkpoints that you believe were manned by rebels, some from the Vostok Battalion.
A Yeah.
Q1014. How were you generally treated at each of these checkpoints?
A Nicely. I mean, compared to the previous times, nicely. And sometimes they even didn't check anything, say go, go.
Q1015. Did you see any evidence of alcohol or drug taking - -
A That time, no.
Q1016. - - - at those sites?
A That time - at that time, no.
Q1017. All right. But you did on other occasions?
А   Yeah.
Q1018. Okay, All right. So it took you about two hours to get to those
co-ordinates. How did you get there, what did you use to track to the coordinates?
A   Well, it was simply my phone. Yeah, … (indiscernible) … maps. Because it was quite hard. Maybe even take us - took us a little bit more. It was hard to find and also that it was in the middle of a fleld somewhere so it was hard to get there even by our car.
Q1019. And how close did you get to those actual co-ordinates you … (indistinct) …?
А   We have been there. I mean, we have came to very exact spot where it showed that, you know, these are the co-ordinates. Of course there is some - always some plus and minus - but we have been exactly there.
NPN17183:
Q1020. What kind of equipment did you use to get there?
A Well, there was my phone.
Q1021. Oh, your phone. Sorry, yeah.
A My phone and also our security advisor had, like, a military type of …
AFP19112:
Q1022. A GPS?
А   A GPS. Yeah, yeah, a good one.
NPN17183: Sorry. Thank you.
IVSHINA: And he also checked with - with that one.
AFP19112:
Q1023. Okay.
А  With - with his one.
Q1024. And was that close to this area that you described before?
A No, no. No, it was - quite - quite a distance from there.
NPN17183:
Q1025. Do you know a place in the area?
А  Mm?
Q1026. Do you know a place in the area, a town or a village?
A   Well, it was - you know, it was on the way to Snezhnoye but then we had to turn right past some village, some small village and then heading towards Pervomasik or Pervomasik there. But the - not reaching Pervomasik, so in the - in the field. And there were several fields.

AFP19112:
Q1027. Because I think in your report previously you referred to it as being on the outskirts of Torez.
А   Oh, because Torez this is the place where we - -
Q1028. For that?
A Yeah, for that. That's - PTC one is - - -
NPN17183:  In the report -
AFP19112:
Q1029. Yeah, but in the report I think she says the possible launch site as being there as well.
A No, no, no. Sure the landscape not far from the city of Torez but it - and we are now at the outskirts of the city of Torez, this is when we recorded - - -
NPN17183:
Q1030. When you - - -
A  - - the first one when I say - - -
AFP19112:
Q1031. First one from
A Yeah. So.
NPN17183:
Q1032. The day before?
А  The day before, so this is sort of the place from which - the picture was taken.
Q1033. All right.
А  As we believed and, yeah, so.
Q1034. Can I just show you this map again, attachment F?
A  Okay.
Q1035. If you could mark on there where you believe you were standing.
A   It's very, very small but I believe - I believe it was -
NPN17183:
Q1036. You can use my glasses.
A  (Laughs). No, no, that's fine. I mean, just the scale so I can make - easily make a mistake but I think it was somewhere - somewhere here or something.
AFP19112:
Q1037. If you could put a dot and then put another two circles around that dot.
A Two circles. Okay.
Q1038. So they look fairly obvious. Yeah. I'm just going to put, 'Launch site, question mark.' Are you happy with that?
A   Yeah, yeah. I've also seen - I don't remember, was it - the evening before, the twenty second or maybe on the twenty second - I think it was on the morning of the twenty-second before work, the Telegraph report. There was guys from Telegraph also tried to find the launch site. Yeah, yeah, and the - basically we came to more or less the same place I believe, so.
NPN17183:
Q1039. Okay, And what did you find over there?
A  No, we - we came to the - the - we didn't find anything there, anything sufficient I mean, unfortunately. I mean, we - I didn't manage to find that patch or ground which Telegraph found. (Laughs). Oh, yeah, yeah, we were very disappointed.
AFP19112:
Q1040. Is that the one that was turned over or is that the one that was burnt?
A   We didn't find anything.
Q1041. No, the one that said Telegraph - - -
A    Burnt. It was - but it wasn't big, you know. I - I read some investigations later and remembered those pictures from Google. Said something - it showed, like, huge piece of burnt ground. Definitely we didn't see anything like this. And also in Telegraph it was, like, a small piece of ground.
Q1042. So the ground looked quite normal?
A Ah - - -
NPN17183:
Q1043. What did you see actually?
А   We spent a lot of time there. Many - several hours, three or four maybe hours, you know, walking. You can't drive there properly because it's a field. We walked, like, as far as we could everywhere. Didn't notice -
NPN17201:

Q1044. Can you describe the area?
A Fields.
Q1045. Fields.
A   A - a lot of fields.
Q1046. What kind of fields?
A There are fields where some green things grow. Then there would be either yellow or weed.
AFP19112:
Q1047. Sunflowers?
A   It was, like - can I draw, yeah?
Q1048. Yeah, please. Yeah.
A   Hope - …(indistinct)… for drawing, constantly drawing (Laughs).
NPN17201: That's fine.
IVSHINA: Yeah, let me think. I have to think a little bit.
Q1049. Perhaps come back to drawing of the road you took and the roads you were walking on.
А  I'll start drawing but then maybe I'll have to redraw it to - to - - -
Q1050. Isn't it - there's no problem here. The paper is - -
А    to - to
NPN17183:
Q1051. We have paper around.
A To scale it properly.
NPN17201:
Q1052. Take your time. So I believe that's Snezhnoye in that direction but it's relatively far away. Relatively. Then Saur-Mogila is that direction. Saur-Mogila is that direction. We came from here, don't really remember the name of the - maybe it was Nikishna or something. That was some small village we came. We had to go, go, go here. There was some - there was - there was some particular building here, definitely remember it. It was, like, a far more - I don't know, some building. It was quite remarkable because the village ended somewhere here - here. And then we went for a while, you know, just in an empty road. Maybe it had some turnings, etcetera, but then we went around into this building. We also asked for directions, kept going. There was a road going out this way and here basically road stopped because there were fields. Fields for crops. And then - -
AFP19112:
Q1053. Could you just write fields on your sketch there as well, please?
A  Yeah, yeah, I'll - I'll draw fields. And on several occasions there were - this was a small bit of trees, small bit of forests. We do it often to prevent the weed - and fire. So these trees - behind these trees there was sunflower fields. And here there were several fields with yellow weed probably several of them. We couldn't - then we couldn't go further to that direction, I think there was another bit of forest because here we could hear sound of outgoing fire. And our advisor said that it's not further than three hundred metres. And it was, like - you can see it was, like, a little bit downhill so we - he said if we go there we can be captured or something because then we discovered the positions, so we couldn't go any further. And then there was another bit of these trees and here you can see the - the green grass. I'm not - I'm not really good at agriculture, so green - green grass but also some crops. So, yes, long grass. And here is also fields. So we - co-ordinates brought us somewhere here I think and we - we searched all that area as far as we could here, came to this - this is huge I mean. Like, if you walk it's huge. I think it - from here to here just to go - if you go fast it would take you twenty minutes or something.
AFP19112:
Q1054. That's quite a large area. Yeah, about two kilometres.
A Mm.
NPN17183;
Q1055. I don't know what you mean by fast, running or?
А Fast, going fast.
AFP19112:
Q1056. Just walking? Yeah.
A Yeah, but fast. You can walk fast.
NPN17183: Okay, Six … (indistinct) …
IVSHINA: So, yeah, we searched all this area and I mean part of it was, you
know, high but part of it was already taken by the
Q1057. Machines.

A Machines. Yeah, machines were - -
Q1058. Harvest.
А   Yeah, harvest machines going and there were - so some of it was easy to - to - some of the - those fields were easy to observe because you can see that the grass is low and that nothing is burnt. But some we had to walk. So we walked, like, all the way here where we only - where we could and here and here, didn't find anything.
AFP19112:
Q1059. You said before this was some sort of structure particularly?
A Yeah, some - some building.
Q1060. It was a building, was it?
А   Yeah, yeah.
Q1061. What type of building, like a domestic building or an industrial building or?
А   Like, maybe for storage of cows or maybe - for storage - of grains.
AFP19112:
Q1062. Okay.
А   You can
NPN17201:
Q1063. High or?
А   No, no, like - one for - maybe a little bit higher than usual one floor building.
NPN17201: One floor.
AFP19112:
Q1064.  One for?
А  Yeah.
Q1065. Oh, one floor?  Yeah.
А Yeah. Like, not high, usual building. So, yeah, we - we were everywhere here. We - we walked everywhere here.
Q1066. Were there any train tracks nearby?
А  Train tracks?
Q1067. Yeah, railway tracks.
A No, didn't see any.
Q1068. No. Okay.
A No.
NPN17201:
Q1069. If you agree - if you make a cross over here because that is the exact locates?
А  Well, I believe so.
Q1070. Okay.
A Yeah, yeah, of that co-ordinates.
Q1071. Co-ordinates. And you - imagine you stand here and looking over this area, would you - what did you see?
A   yellow - the yellow weed.
Q1072. Yellow weed?
А   Yellow weed. Yeah. There was - I don't, like, remember it very, very, very detail but there was a lot of yellow weed. I point it - I pointed the photo from - like, standing on the exact spot where the co-ordinates were - -
Q1073. Were you exactly on that spot?
A  Well, yeah, as - as - as good as the GPS could show us. When I was there when we have seen that there is nothing there I took, you know, the pictures to every side.
Q1074. … (indistinct) …
A  Well, no, no, just several pictures. When you are in one you can see … (indistinct) … like, notable - notable things and I then uploaded it to Twitter because I wasn't conversational - with this blogger. He's also on Twitter and so, yeah, it is - it is there. I say it because he's, like, so did you find anything? I'm, like, no, these are the co-ordinates, nothing. And so you can see the area around there and also we walked, like - maybe we went more than twenty - we walked everywhere we could, you know. Some - at some point we - we thought that maybe It's a little bit over there but then it was too dangerous to go because it was - - -
NPN17201:
Q1075. I can imagine.
A Yeah.
Q1076. So close to the … (indistinct) …
A Yeah, yeah. Yeah, went this way. We spent a lot of time there, many hours.

Q1077. And didn't find anything?
A Mm. There - there was some - -
Q1078. T Tracks.
A Tracks, yeah, but then, you know, it's very hard to say - there were many - many things went there. I mean, the - definitely there were these harvest machines but some were - some seemed to belong not to harvest machines but then we thought, well, it's a place of fighting, many things may move somewhere around and I think somewhere there was a road, can't really remember where. There was a road - so this was a road and also there was a road somewhere here or something. But still, you know, there were - it was - we felt that it was too many interruptions, you know, to - to claim anything. And then so we were walking there, walking and then we were desperate to find this spot. I came - and the harvest machine guys, they had to stop finally, like - like, a lunch break. I came to them - because some were here I would say. They looked really scared. When I said I am a journalist they looked really scared and I was, like -
NPN17183:
Q1079. The harvest guy, yeah?
А  The harvest guys, yeah, yeah, and they were, like, what do you need? I said you know we are searching for - for a patch of burnt grass. They were, like, yeah, yeah, there were two other searching for it yesterday (laughs). I was, like, so where is it? He's, like, there was a place on fire recently but that - but - and I think he showed that direction. Mm. But he's, like - I said, look, where is it, show me that. He's, like, no, no, no, it doesn't matter. I said, please. He's, like, no, no, don't ask me anything. I tried to ask him any other details but they looked really scared and he was, like, no, no, we won't tell you anything.
AFP19112:
Q1080. So this is a - -
NPN17183:
Q1081. Okay.
AFP19112:
Q1082. fire break.
A   M'mm.
NPN17183: Afire break?
NPN17183: … (indistinct) …
AFP19112: It's where they've burnt to stop fires from burning
NPN17183:
Q1083. No.
A  No, no, no, it's trees. These are trees.
AFP19112:
Q1084. I thought you said that was a clearing to stop the fires.
A No, no, no. They exist to stop fires -
(Background conversation)
IVSHINA: - - - but this is not - - -
AFP19112:
Q1085. It's a tree line, is it?
А   Yeah, it's a tree line.
Q1086. Okay, Trees
A And this is a tree line as well.
Q1087. And that's a tree line. That's a tree line?
A  M'mm.
Q1088. This track here - - -
А   Yeah.
Q1089. - - what type of road is that, is it a dirt track or?
A It's a bad road.
Q1090. Just a bad road. What, from bitumen or concrete or gravel?
A _ Maybe there is some gravel underneath but at the moment it was - - -
Q1091. Okay.
A   just - just earth.
(Background conversation)
Q1092. Okay, All right.

А   Maybe there is some gravel.
Q1093. Okay,
А   But, no, no proper covering I think.
Q1094. All right. And this village, does it have a name?
A M'mm.
Q1095. What was the name of the village?
А   Oh. Seems to me it is Nikishna but I may be - you know, may be - might - may be really mistaken. I don't remember because there were - there are so many of these villages.
NPN17201:
Q1096. Perhaps to make it clear to the other ones who are going to read and see your drawings can you write down the trees or forest to make it easier?
A Green - -
Q1097. Grass.
А   Seeds. Yellow seeds.
AFP19112:
Q1098. So by yellow seeds, is that sunflower or not?
А   No, no, по.
Q1099. Something different?
А   Sunflowers are this.
Q1100. Okay.
A Sunflowers.
NPN17183:
Q1101. And over here, this particular area.
A    It's also yellow. It's - you see there, like, it's also - they - they divide It … (indistinct) …
Q1102. Okay.
А   -- into areas.
Q1103. And were the areas or fields were already harvest?
А   Some of them.

Q1104. Okay.
А   Some of them were, some of them not. There were those who were - which were already clean. We - it was easy to check them so we used to look from the distance.
Q1105. Of co Of course. Mm.
A  Yeah, and the others which were not harvested yet we spent more time there.
AFP19112;
Q1106. You said there were two combine harvesters here.
А   M'mm.
Q1107. Did you speak to the other guy as well?
A  Well, they were sitting together.
Q1108. Together?
A Yeah.
Q1109. All right.
A  But they were really scared.
Q1110. Okay, Were they one old guy, one young guy or?
A They were both middle age. Well, one was a little bit older.
Q1111. Okay. All right. So what did you do after there?
NPN17183:
Q1112. Disappointed.
А   Well, then we found out that two Ukrainian fighter jets were downed that day.
AFP19112:
Q1113. M'mm.
A   Yes, yes, near Snezhnoye, near there and we decided to go there.
Q1114. Okay.
NPN17183:
Q1115. Okay.

AFP19112:
Q1116. So what time did you leave here to go to Snezhnoye?
A  I think it was four pm, some time these hours.
NPN17183:
Q1117. Four pm?
A  Four pm, yeah, yeah. We spent quite a - - -
Q1118. So long you've been searching in the - -
А  Yeah, yeah, try -
Q1119. In the area.
А  Trying to, yeah, but didn't find anything in particular.
NPN17201:
Q1120. So you communicated your findings with the blogger, did you?
А  Yeah, I think in the evening, in the evening or - yeah.
Q1121. In the evening. What did he say, what was his reaction?
А  Well, he was, like - no, he was - he was calm. He's, like, oh, it's a pity but let's keep on trying.
Q1122. Okay.
А  So he wasn't anything special. But he was - he - he really appreciated that we'd tried to go there and, yeah, I said, well, here are the photographs and I think they used my photographs trying to sort of, you know, move it a little bit sort of make it more exact. And in one or two days they changed their initial point I think.
NPN17183:
Q1123. Okay. And how did he found out that co-ordinates?
A   As I told, he - he was Russian blogger and he referred to English speaking bloggers, one or two of them, so he'd just come by with all the information. These photo, something else, Google - Google pictures, etcetera. It was all this math.
Q1124. Yeah, yeah.
А  But it looked quite - quite credible.
Q1125. Yeah. Okay. M'mm.
NPN17201:
Q1126. Those pictures are still to be seen. Could we - can we see them or?
A   Which - my pictures?

AFP19112:
Q1127. The ones you took from - -
A   Yeah, yeah. I mean, they are on Twitter and, yeah. I mean, I think I have the originals but again please request BBC.
NPN17183:
Q1128. Are yours.
A (Laughs)
Q1129. Sorry.
А  (Laughs)
Q1130. That's all right.
A  Am I any good? (Laughs)
Q1131. (Laughs) Yeah.
A  Yeah.
Q1132. I'm not trying to … (indistinct) …
A (Laughs)
AFP19112:
Q1133. Can you just write - can you just write on the map this was rebel area and this is the direction that you were told the burnt area was by the harvester? In something simple, you know, like, possible burnt area and rebel held or something.
А  Was it - was it our guess or was it - he didn't give exact answer. You know, it was like, which way? Is it this way? He was, like, maybe that way, maybe not.
Q1134. All right. So he wasn't specific?
A   No, no, no. He was - very, very vague.
Q1135. That's okay. Leave it.
A   Yeah, I just - he can just - - -
Q1136. But you did believe there were rebels in that area?

А   Yeah, yeah - fighting.
NPN17183:
Q1137. The fighting is … (indistinct) …
A    It's - it wasn't fighting, it was actually - - -
Q1138. Outgoing shooting.
A   Out - outgoing shooting, yeah. Outgoing fight - - -
AFP19112:
Q1139. But you don't know who was there, whether it was rebels or?
A Well, quite definitely these were rebels because it was outgoing fire -
Q1140. But did you see them?
А   No, I didn't see them. We didn't come close. But this area was firmly controlled.
Q1141. When you say --
NPN17183;
Q1142. It was nearby?
A  Huh?
Q1143. It was nearby?
A   It was - our security advisor said it was three hundred metres to - the positions, so.
AFP19112:
Q1144. When you say outgoing fire, was it machine gun fire, rifle fire, pistol  fire?
А   Artillery.
Q1145. Artillery?
A   Artillery.
Q1146. Was it rapid artillery, was it rockets, was it guns or do you know?
A … (indistinct) …
Q1147. Sorry?
A  The one which throws mines.
Q1148. … (indistinct) … …
A   Mine - one hundred twenty millimetres - - -
Q1149. Did you see them firing, did you?
A  No, no, no. Just I think so by the sound.

Q1150. All right. So it's a large calibre –
A Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Q1151. artillery weapon.
А   Yeah.
Q1152. How many did you hear fire?
А  How many?
Q1153. Yeah.
A    They're often. Every - every - --
Q1154. So when they fired was there one at a time or did you hear a –
A  No, it wasn't like
Q1155. - - couple or four or six?
А   GRAD - no, no, no.
Q1156. No, not like GRAD. Did you hear a number of guns firing at once and then a pause then the same number of guns firing again?
А   It was -well, not that I'm an expert but it's like (verbally demonstrates) and then, yeah, then a pause - - -
Q1157. Then a pause.
A - -- then (verbally demonstrates) and then a pause.
Q1158. Okay, Was it the same pattern of (verbally demonstrates) every time or?
А   No, no, it was a little bit …(indistinct)…
Q1159. Okay.
A   So - I mean - - -
Q1160. So it could have been individual guns as opposed to a GRAD?

А    It definitely wasn't GRAD because it was - you know, GRAD is, like (verbally demonstrates). And these - the - the pauses between individual shots were longer and sometimes - it definitely wasn't, you know, like, automatic (verbally demonstrates). No, it was (verbally demonstrates). Some time - I mean there was regular - exact regular -
Q1161. We might give you a job for doing sound effects I think as well.
А   (Laughs)
Q1162. Did you feel the pounding on your chest from the gun fire?
A   I don't remember this.
Q1163. No? Okay, M'mm.
A   I remember adrenalin. And I think when we arrived for some time it was quiet and then they started firing, so I mean - at some point it was sort of a discovery for us.
NPN17183: Q1164. And which way they were fighting? A Fighting. Oh … (indistinct) …
Q1165. Over - right over you or to another side? Can you - - -
I'm not - not good.
Q1166. No.
A   I mean, I didn't see anything flying exactly over my head.
Q1167. No.
AFP19112:
Q1168. No, you didn't see.
A Yeah.
NPN17183:
Q1169. You wouldn't see that.
A    I just heard - firmly heard that it's outgoing fire - and it's very close. Some - sometimes I mean I had a - sometimes it was that loud that I had an instinct to cover but then I just looked at security advisor, he's, like - -
AFP19112:
Q1170. But you didn't see anyone at any stage from that area where the - - -
A   Well, he - he - he urged us not - well, when, you know, I was trying to go that way he said don't go there.
Q1171. Your security?
А   Yeah, he said don't go. He - he basically said - well, at some stage he firmly said if you go there you will be killed, if you go any further - further you might be killed so I strongly advise you not to go further.
Q1172. Mm. That's good advice.
A  Yeah. That was my reason not to go. If he - he wasn't with us I guess we would go (laughs).
NPN17183:
Q1173. Curiosity kills cat, it's something like that?
А  Yeah.
AFP19112:
Q1174. We've been going for about an hour thirty-five. Would you like to have a break?
A   Yeah. Yeah.
NPN17183: Yeah, that's fine.
AFP19112: All right.
NPN17201: How late is it?
NPN17183: How late?
AFP19112: Same clock.
IVSHINA: (Laughs) Seventy-five.
NPN17183:
Q1175. I've got it. Fourteen thirty four.
A  (Laughs).
Q1176. And we pause now.
AFP19112:
Q1177. We're going to suspend the interview.
ROI SUSPENDED AT TWO THIRTY-FOUR PM ROI RESUMED AT TWO FORTY NINE PM
NPN17183: Okay. It now is fourteen forty-nine and we start again the interview  with Olga IVSHINA.
Q1178. All right. You were in the area, in … (indistinct) … until around four o'clock, I think?
A   … (indistinct) … yeah.
Q1179. And in the meanwhile you heard that there were planes shot - - -
A   Shot down, yeah.

Q1180. Shot down in the area of?
A  Oh, yes, Snezhnoye. Think it was - -
Q1181. Snezhnoye
A - twenty kilometres from here or something. In the village. Something starting with 'D', 'D' something. … (indistinct) … Doesn't really matter but it starts with 'D'. So, yeah, we - we were deployed there to check and then we - all the other journalists were stopped at Snezhnoye checkpoint because, oh, they were stopped, they were not allowed to go. But we came from these fields through some strange field road and so we found ourselves - we weren't expecting that but we found ourselves already in Snezhnoye so we omitted the checkpoint. And then we went to - to the direction that we wished but then, again, it became too - too dangerous, too dangerous to go there and we stopped, turned back, went to Snezhnoye. And then we  stopped there to - to talk to people and that's where we met witness number three.
Q1182. Okay, And why did it became too dangerous? Were there - - -
А    Well, we were - first of all, we were hearing the blast, really loud ones. I think it was louder than - than artillery here so maybe it was bigger calibres. And also we heard that - we - we got the news that the planes were shot down but the pilots managed to use the parachute and then, now, there is a search operation by rebels, they tried to get pilots and this was too dangerous because, I mean, if we see something that they don't want us to see then, again, we can be killed. And also, meanwhile, our guys with another team tried to enter. They didn't - well, they - they were - they were approaching a checkpoint and there were - there were shots fired over their heads because rebels were very nervous and they wanted to stop. But that's the general atmosphere, so, yeah.
Q1183. The place where the planes came down - was something with a 'D'?
A   Yeah. Think it was Dmitrievka or something - -
Q1184. But which direction was it?
А   I think it was more to Russian border. Where is my favourite map? And which … …(indistinct) … Yeah, where you can better recognise … (indistinct) …
Q1185. I think the Russian border is over here.
A   What's that?
Q1186. From who did you get that information about planes?
A  I think we got call either from … (indistinct) … or from - was it Bishop - no Bishop had left by that time, there was someone else in charge.
Q1187. We're talking about the twentythird, still.
A   No, twenty-second.
NPN17201;
Q1188. Twenty-second or - -
A  Twenty-second, I think.
AFP19112: Tuesday.
NPN17183: Still on the twenty-second.
NPN17201:
Q1189. Did I make a mistake there?
A   It's twenty-second.
Q1190. Okay, Okay, Sorry, Correction.
А   I think it's …(indistinct)… That's it, that's where the planes …(indistinct)…
Q1191. … (indistinct) …
A   Yeah, it's good - I mean, it's very small but it's a good map, yeah, Dmitrievka.
AFP19112;
Q1192. How do you spell that, please?
A   Well, I spell it differently (laughs). I would say it's Dmitrievka - but I guess Ukrainians write it in a different way.
NPN17183: And I also have the Russian way.
AFP19112: Thank you.
NPN17183:
Q1193. On the map is it is where.
A It's here.
Q1194. Oh, here.
A Dmitrievka.
Q1195. Yeah. To the south …(indistinct)…
A   That's for you - another person … (indistinct)…
Q1196. …(indistinct)…

AFP19112:
Q1197. Now, you said before this is where you've met witness three.
A   Well, I mean, we went back - not - we went back to Snezhnoye, yeah, and met witness three.
Q1198. And that's this lady here?
А   Yeah, yeah, this lady, yeah. Where is she? Yeah, yeah. This is the lady.
AFP19112: Oh, thank you.
NPN17183:
Q1199. And you met her in Snezhnoye?
A   Yeah.
Q1200. In what area did you find her? You were driving back?
A   Yeah, yeah, ah, it was - I remember there was monument to Lenin - monument to Lenin.
Q1201. Okay, Monument to …
A   Lenin.
NPN17201:
Q1202. Lenin.
A Lenin.
NPN17183:
Q1203. Oh, a monument of Lenin, yeah?
A   Yeah, yeah, yeah - - -
Q1204. All right.
A - it was a small square. And the monument to Lenin. I mean, she was near it, on the - on the - on the pavement near it. We - we met several people. I mean, we - we just basically grab everyone we could and some people said that they didn't see anything so - like, we grab, like, five, I think, people or something, don't really remember.
AFP19112:
Q1205. Sorry, there's a monument of Lenin?
А   Yeah. So - and she said, 'Yeah, yeah, yeah, ah, they said they didn't see Buk and none of my friends or none - none of my neighbours saw Buk. But I said, 'Well, did you remember anything about the day of the crash and she said, 'Oh, yeah, yeah, I've seen a' - well, she started to tell me that and I found out that she has seen a plane as well.
NPN17183:
Q1206. And can you describe exactly what she said?
A   Yeah, yeah, She said that she is not exactly from Snezhnoye. She is from - she said, 'I'm from - my - coal mine number one. ' That's maybe that - I didn't - I didn't have time, you know, to ask her, it wasn't important. But she - she said, like, 'I'm not from Snezhnoye, I'm from …(indistinct)… I'm from coal mine number one.' Maybe it's a small village or something …(indistinct)… or something, probably, So, yeah, and then she said that she was doing pancakes. She heard a blast - she heard a blast and she said that she didn't see much because she was doing pancakes but her husband was looking out the window and he saw more. And so she - she heard blast and he also called or something so she came to the window and she said that she - she saw white stripe. So she heard the blast and - I don't know in which - yeah, so she heard a blast. She came to the window. She saw white stripe and she also saw military jet. As she said, it - it's …(indistinct)… suddenly, like, you know, in very, like, a bright …(indistinct)… - in abrupt manner this fighter jet made a turn and flew in the direction of thirty - thirty second and thirty-third coal mine, that's what she said. So she said she made a - she also showed the direction.
Q1207. Okay, So she saw the jet and make the turn right to the direction of the?
A   To the - and she said, 'It made an abrupt turn and flew to the direction of the thirty-second and thirty-third coal mine. ' So to that direction, direction of thirty-second and thirty-third coal mine.
Q1208. And she saw it with - with her husband behind a window in her house?
A Yeah, from a window. Yeah, from a window.
AFP19112:
Q1209. What did she say her husband saw when he called her over to the window?
А   I don't know, she just said, ah --
Q1210. He saw something.
A S he said, like, 'He saw more than I did.' That's what she said. And she said, like, 'And only later we found out that - that a Boeing crashed."
Q1211. And when she said she saw a 'white stripe,' what did you believe that was?
А   I didn't ask her, to be honest - because we were, you know, short of time because - - -
Q1212. Did she gesture what the stripe was, you know, like, a white stripe or - either vertically or horizontally?

А   Said, 'I just saw a white stripe in the sky. '
NPN17183:
Q1213. Yeah. Okay.
A  And also I, as you said, start remembering that a few more people told me about that white stripe.
Q1214. And did she tell you where she saw the stripe, in which direction?
А  She was, like, 'I saw' - she said, 'I heard a bang. I walked to the window, saw a white stripe and then saw a jet, fighter jet. '
AFP19112:
Q1215. Did she say which window she was looking out of, of her house?
A No.
Q1216. But she was cooking pancakes?
A Mm. Yeah.
Q1217. All right.
A   And I think I didn't ask her which direction.
NPN17183:
Q1218. No?
A Uh-huh.
Q1219. That was my next question.
A  No, didn't ask …(indistinct)… -
Q1220.  …(indistinct)…
А  (Laughs) Of course. What do you think this first - first coal mine, she says, it must be very small.
Q1221. Yeah. I always - always ask for more details.
A  Yeah, yeah. But, yeah, I heard about this white stripe before from - from - from some people as well.
Q1222. Okay, Did …(indistinct)… why she mentioned it was a jet that she identified there's a jet? Or did she just say from a white stripe and it was a jet?
А  Well - I believe that this is a jet, I don't know. Maybe - no, she just said, a jet, and, you know, in my mind, it corresponded to the, again, to the things which people - people said and I was, like, okay. And, again, you know, she - she showed that - this dynamic move. She referred to this dynamic move so - -
Q1223. Well, it look like a stupid question but I'll start. She and her husband, did they use any equipment to look at the - the aircraft … (indistinct)…
A  No, no, no. No. Ah, there was a story - I mean, one of the people I spoke to, they referred that - their neighbours looked - had the special equipment but this is - -
AFP19112:
Q1224. What does that mean, 'special equipment'?
A  Mm, again, this is in, how you call it - un - un - un – un transmitted material.
NPN17183: That's interesting.
AFP19112:
Q1225. But can you give us an idea of what that equipment might be? That won't compromise the person's identity, will it?
JURJENS: You can name the equipment.
IVSHINA: They said - again, it, the people I spoke to, they referred to their neighbors who looked at the - the binocular. And they - they saw - she - they said that they saw that the fighter jet belong to Ukraine.
AFP19112:
Q1226. So So this is the husband and wife?
A  No, no, no, this …(indistinct)…
NPN17183: No …(indistinct)… -
AFP19112:
Q1227. No, no, no, let - hear me out, yes. This is the husband and his wife who are referring to the - - -
А   No.
Q1228. No, no. The husband and wife said a friend of theirs, a neighbor of theirs has got binoculars?
A No.
Q1229. Okay.
NPN17183: That was another occasion. Sorry.
AFP19112: It was a what?
NPN17183: Another occasion.

IVSHINA: It's a - it's another occasion, yeah.
AFP19112:
Q1230. Okay, So we're not on this day yet?
A It's - no, it's back.
NPN17183:
Q1231. No.
A It's back.
Q1232. It's prior to this a few days earlier that the one of interviews that the neighbour - -
А  Yeah, one of the interview - one of the - witnesses, yeah, in the un broadcasted material referred to - -
AFP19112:
Q1233. So do we know which witness? One, two, is it, or three or?
А   Yes, we do. One and two.
Q1234. That won't compromise them because it's not their evidence.
A Okay, Yeah, yeah, witness - -
Q1235. Are you happy with that?
A   Witness one and witness two said that their neighbour, she had a binocular and since they were - since they were bombed - I mean, not 'they' but the area was bombed several - several times during the days prior to the crash. They were, you know, very attentive and looking around possibly so their neighbour was looking, was having a binocular and she was, you know, looking at those fighter jets.
Q1236. So it's a female neighbour with - with binoculars?
А   Yeah, that's - that's how they said, yeah, and - -
Q1237.  But she didn't see the crash with the binoculars, she only saw the fighter jets?
А   No, no, no, she saw the fighter jets, yeah, yeah. And then she said that they belong to Ukraine. But then, again, I ask them, like, 'So did you see fighter jet with your - with your own eyes?' And both of them 'Yes, yes, we have seen it with our - with our own eyes.'
Q1238. And there's definitely only two fighter jets or a number of fighter jets?
A No, no, they only speak about one fighter jet.
Q1239.   One.
А   All of them mentioned one. And also some people told me that, you know, there were - everyone I spoke to, they said, 'We have seen one. ' And then some of them refer that, you know, some believe that there were two but everyone I spoke to is, like, 'I've seen one. I've seen one. ' Some also believe, you know, that this was - I did recall - I mean, some of it is transmitted material but also some of it was, you know, when I didn't record. They - some of them believe that one of the jets crashed or something - yeah. Some of them said, well - maybe it's just the impression or something but some do believe that it crashed. It is - there - there were rumours that one of the jets crashed or was damaged or something.
Q1240. Right. So just coming forward, then, to the Tuesday, twenty-second of July, the pancake lady and the husband saw a white stripe. You only stayed there briefly?
A Yeah, as far as I understand, I mean - - -

Q1241. And what did you do next?
A Who? Me?
Q1242. Yes.
A    We - well, yeah, we tried to speak to several more people. I know we had to go back because we were spotted by rebels and we're, like, what are you doing here, filming. And at that time it was forbidden to - to be in Snezhnoye, like, on your own, you must have been accompanied by a rebel. So - and, ah, we weren't - so they were really unhappy and they were, like, we will bring you back to the checkpoint and you will go. Like, okay.
Q1243. You said before you tried to interview some other witnesses, did you talk to anyone or not?
А  Yeah, we did. We - we talked - we spoke to several people but none of them seen BUK or something and couldn't tell anything about - anything particular - - -
Q1244. And none of those conversations were recorded?
A They were recorded.
Q1245. They were?
A Yeah, yeah.
Q1246. There was nothing of substance in those conversations? A No, no, like, what I appreciated was that people were quite honest, you know, they said, 'We have seen TV reports but we haven't seen anything with our own eyes so there is

nothing I can tell you' - and I thought it's a very good sign, you know, all of them told me that - that, like, 'I haven't seen anything with my own eyes, that's why I have nothing to tell you. ' I thought that's very good.
Q1247. And you said that's around the same time you saw the rebels and they approached you, did you?
А   Yeah, I mean, we - we - well, we stood there for a while with our camera and at some point they approached us. I mean, they didn't approach me, maybe, it was our driver or - I mean, at some point, like, we constantly, you know, check that everyone's okay, constantly have eye contact so at some - after we recorded someone, I don't remember who, turned back and saw that the, you know, rebels came and they approached us as soon as we stopped recording and said, You must go.' Said, 'Okay.' But overall - when was it - so, I mean, yeah, I, overall, I knew that it was forbidden to go to Snezhnoye without a rebel accompany you. So, yeah, we - we knew that we were a little bit risky.
A
NPN17183;
Q1248. …(indistinct)…
A Yeah, yeah.
AFP19112:
Q1249. That accreditation pass you had before from Donetsk, I understand that gets you around all, like, sorry, most parts of East Ukraine except for some towns which require their own specific media pass?
A Well in …(indistinct)… region and you have another one.
Q1250. Are there any other towns that you came across where you need a separate accreditation pass?
А   Me, personally, no. I know that they exist but I didn't.
Q1251. So after being advised by - sorry, not advised, but directed by the rebels to leave, you left?
A Yeah, yeah, they - they accompanied us to the checkpoint and - -
Q1252. And where - - -
A  (indistinct)… media.
Q1253.  And where was that checkpoint?
А   Where? On the entrance to Snezhnoye.
Q1254. North, east, south or west?
A Main entrance, where the - the sign 'Snezhnoye' is.
Q1255. Okay, And at that checkpoint what was there? Like, tanks?
A  Ah - well, I don't really remember. I think maybe there was APC, maybe not, don't remember any …(indistinct)… Yeah, I mean, you - you sort of get used to - to the sight of all those things and you don't notice them.
Q1256. I guess after a while they all begin to merge as one anyway.
A Yeah, yeah. I mean, I remember that, you know, on that day and day before there was a significant change so it was - it was becoming more and more militaristic in a way. Started to see more, ah, military vehicles on the roads and when we were going back - was it on Monday - I think on Monday saw the columns of tanks. And either the Monday or Tuesday I've seen - we met a huge column of APCs and buses full of rebels and, et cetera, it was all going in the direction of Saur-Mogila. So it was becoming more and more tense, more and more militaristic, I would say.
NPN17183:
Q1257. And when did you see the tanks?
AFP19112:
Q1258. Yeah, Monday or Tuesday.
A   Monday or Tuesday, I can't really - I think Monday. Three tanks.
Q1259. Three tanks? Or three columns of tanks?
A No, three tanks. Three - three separate tanks. And then the same day It was a big column of APCs and buses full of rebels.
NPN17183:
Q1260. Okay. And what area was that?
A   It was - it was - they said they were heading to … (indistinct) … I think column was somewhere in between Torez and Donetsk and tanks were closer to Donetsk.
AFP19112:
Q1261. And on both occasions were they all rebels?
A   Yeah, yeah, definitely. Some were waving Russian flags.
Q1262. Oh, Russian flags?
А   Some were waving Russian flags but then, you know, on top of APCs there were rebels sitting and you can definitely see they were rebels, Georgian …(indistinct)… and, again, they were wearing, like, um, uniform but not - not like army uniform, so you can see, yeah, it's - it's not …(indistinct)…

Q1263. Yeah. Yeah. All right. What happened next?
A Came back, got - - -
Q1264. Back to the hotel?
A  Yeah, started editing.
Q1265. What time of the day was this?
A Evening.
Q1266. Did you all go back to the hotel?
A Yeah, yeah.
Q1267. And were you all staying at the same hotel?
А  Yeah.
Q1268. That was the Ramada, wasn't it?
A Ramada, yeah.
Q1269. Started editing. Did you meet up with your colleagues?
A You mean 'editing'?
Q1270. Yeah.
A No, edited my - oh, yeah, met with the colleagues as usual yeah yeah. Yeah, and then I - then they - they stood and I went editing, because I was editing on my own.
Q1271. So when you met up with your colleagues what sort of things did you discuss?
А  As usual, how - how the day went - emotions, rebels. We discussed that probably they're preparing an offence, it's becoming more tense, more dangerous. Somethings were - somethings left at the moment already. … (indistinct)… of some just - just left and they were thinking - the - the guy in charge, I think it wasn't Bishop already, it was someone else, they were thinking of withdrawing everyone because it was becoming too dangerous.
NPN17183: Okay. Okay. Uh-huh.
AFP19112: Do you have any other questions?
NPN17183: No, thank you.
NPN17201; No.
AFP19112:
Q1272. Right. So after editing you then had a meeting with your colleagues, you've then gone back to your room?
А  Yeah, I mean, I - I was editing for a long time, yeah, so my colleagues went to the room, was editing for a long time, you know, yeah.
Q1273. Yeah. Then Wednesday, twenty-three July - -
A Uh-huh.
Q1274. What happened then?
A   Ah, what happened then? What happened then? Well, the - the report was published, ah - - -
Q1275. Which report was this one?
A The - the BUK hunt.
Q1276. Okay.
А  This one.
Q1277. The one you made for - - -
А   Yeah, for Russian Service. We went for - for some other task, for some other deployment.
Q1278. And what time was that?
A    Morning as usual. Eight, nine - maybe nine. The - yeah, the - well, I mean, there was, there was no more need to go to the crash site or something so we went somewhere else.
Q1279.  Can you recall where you went?
А   Good question. It was - I remember we went Snezhnoye twice or we were there only once. Maybe we went to Sloviansk. I think we went to Sloviansk.
Q1280. Sloviansk. Possibly.
NPN17183:
Q1281. For what reason?
A   To film the - the whole - the whole things are going on. To - to film the - the life of Sloviansk because it was took by - it was in Ukrainian hands again so we wanted to see how - how things are going there.
Q1282. And was it your own initiative or did you get any directions from your senior …(indistinct)…
А    I think it was my own initiative. It was also, yeah, due to the fact that by - by that time. I mean, rebels were very well first few days but then it was becoming harder and harder. STRELKOV issued an order. I think it was - was it on Sunday - I think it was on Sunday, yeah, or maybe - no, it may be on Monday - can't really, you know - and it was forbidden to - to

film any military objects, any rebels, any - anything, any fighting without a special accreditation from STRELKOV. And it was - nobody really knew how - how to - how to get it. And a few guys - and - and what we knew - we found it out only when our guys were detained. So guys were filming near …(indistinct)…, I think, so they were detained, a big group of guys. …(indistinct)… journalists, our guys, someone else, they were all detained and when they said, 'Why?
So we have accreditation.' So, said, "Well, this doesn't mean anything anymore, you need a special accreditation from STRELKOV to film in the - in the, you know, zone of active combat." They were all detained but then they managed - they - then they found out that this …(indistinct)… journalists, they released them immediately and then …(indistinct)… journalists behaved in a really gentlemen way, they, ah, you know, informed everyone that there is such a problem and they applied, you know, to some senior officials, I don't know, maybe to STRELKOV or - I don't know, or maybe …(indistinct)… And so very soon the order came to release everyone. So - but we found out that this is a huge problem now so we can't basically film rebels any more. And I think, as far as I remember, these made us move to Sloviansk because - so you - you can't film rebels any more but we need to broadcast and let's go to Ukrainian side, it's - it's a good story there and we will be safe so we went to Sloviansk.
Q1283. Okay. And you've been there the whole day?
А   Oh, yeah, and where it takes a whole day. I mean, you go there, three hours I think with all the checkpoints and we filmed in Sloviansk and then …(indistinct)… and then way back another three hours.
Q1284. And And what did you see over there?
A Oh, well, we filmed, ah - how you call them - refugees who are coming back.
Q1285. Refugees coming back from?
A  The refugees from Donetsk - or from …(indistinct)… who - who flee to some Ukrainian sites, coming back to their homes. Also - yeah, we'll tell this story and, of course, the Ukrainians checkpoints, Ukrainian military training, et cetera, et cetera. But, yeah, our attention was drawn to the refugees and to the - and also to … (indistinct)… and the man whose house was completely destroyed, this type of story.
Q1286. Okay. When we go back to this transcript of your video.
А   Uh-huh.
Q1287. I can remember that you also have been Snezhne –
A Snezhnoye.
Q1288. Snezhnoye with a …(indistinct)… building …(indistinct)… building.
A Yeah. Yeah, yeah.
Q1289. And you spoke there also with a rebel leader, I think.
А  Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Q1290. What day was that because I missed that in our –
A Yeah, yeah, I do, I do - - -
Q1291. I was - …(indistinct)…
A I struggle …(indistinct)…
AFP19112: Got it here. Just got it here.
NPN17183: Oh, yeah. Okay.
AFP19112:
Q1292. Yeah. That was my question, too (laughs).
A  (Laughs). It's a good question because I do remember that we were in Snezhnoye twice.
Q1293. Yeah. Because it says here you discuss the apartment building, which is destroyed, and there were eleven fatalities and at some stage you've had an interview with Sergey GODOVANETS.
А   Oh - I'm really struggling to allocate it - ah - it - it seems that it was maybe also on Monday, you know, maybe it was also on Monday we went to Snezhnoye.
Q1294. When I read through your report you spoke about how you described the coal mine area, Saur-Mogila memorial, which is recorded on video - and then the next part you then talk about your conversation with the local self-defence force in Snezhne?
А  Snezhnoye, yeah.
Q1295. Snezhnoye, is it - of the Donetsk region.
A This interview was recorded not by me, this was recorded by Gabriel GATEHOUSE. So he - he came there earlier than we did. I really can't, you know, allocate it to this - -
Q1296. No, that's all right.
A   - - for me, it's one long day. So he came there before - before us and he spoke this commander and he actually advised us also to go there. And we came there on the checkpoint - this was - this was our first time in Snezhnoye and he said, 'Well, you know I'm very busy, And I gave interview to your colleagues so is it okay if I don't talk to you twice?'

Q1297. Which commander was this?
A Sergey GODOVANETS.
Q1298. Okay, that one.
A And we said, 'Yeah, that's fine. ' And - but, like, do you - so you - Gabriel - because Gabriel told me that, yeah, about, you know, short, brief of the interview but, like, we said, 'So you still, you know, believe everything he said?' He said, "Yeah, yeah, I do.' And he gave us some other - some other rebel who accompanied us to Snezhnoye and that was, you know, first time in Snezhnoye when we filmed that destroyed building, et cetera. And then the second time was next day when we appeared from - from nowhere. But I'm struggling to
Q1299. And he was walking around the bottom of the street when you spoke to GODOVANETS about the building?
А   No, no, but we - we - GODOVANETS, we just met him on the checkpoint, he didn't go with us at all. The - the thing - the thing which you see in the report, this is Gabriel's footage.
NPN17183:
Q1300. Okay. Oh, that's Gabriel footage.
A Yes. Yeah, yeah - -
AFP19112:
Q1301. I thought you were talking to him in the footage?
A   No, no, on the footage I wasn't talking to him. No, no. It was Gabriel.
NPN17183:
Q1302. Instead. Okay.
А   It was Gabriel.
Q1303. Yeah. Okay. Okay.
AFP19112:
Q1304. Gabriel is a male or a female? Male?
А   Ah, male, Gabriel GATEHOUSE. (Laughs).
Q1305. No, just checking, because it's a girl's name, too.
A Okay.
NPN17183:
Q1306. Yeah, yeah. Yeah, Gabriella.
NPN17183: Yeah, we know …(indistinct)…
AFP19112:
Q1307. Gabriel.
A   Gabriel, yeah. So, yeah, he just gave us his - we - we always exchange footage.
Q1308. Yeah. Okay. Did you speak to any other commanders apart from - -
A At that moment, no, no.
Q1309. No?
А   No.
Q1310. Or any other time in the Ukraine?
A  To some minor guys, not - not - not like
Q1311. Not a commander?
А   …(indistinct)… or something, no, no.
Q1312. So after filming the refugees from Sloviansk, what did you do next, return back to the hotel?
A Uh-huh, and then edited, as usual. There were less and less colleagues to talk to (laughs).
NPN17183:
Q1313. At what time that, your report, was published?
A Which one?
Q1314. The …(indistinct)…
A The - the BUK one?
NPN17183;
Q1315. Yeah - -
A  The BUK one. It was like five - -
Q1316. But what time?
A Five am, ah - - -
Q1317. In the afternoon?

A No, am - five, six am. I mean, I - I know that I handed it in at four - four am on the twenty-third and then after a few checks by, you know, producers, et cetera - said, 'Yeah, it's fine, we'll publish it as soon as possible." And I went to sleep and they check it in the morning, it was O eight. It was already on the website.
AFP19112;
Q1318. Then after editing, anything else that night, anything remarkable or?
А  No, no, no, nothing remarkable. I mean, yeah, I - yeah, there were minor remarkable things like, you know, we first noticed that APCs and tanks were, ah, riding around Donetsk, you know, and just downtown in Donetsk already this didn't happen before and this was already massive, you know, it's - before that it was, like, maybe one APC a day and this was already an occasion but by that time, you know, it was starting to become a routine of tanks, APCs, this Nona artillery machine. They started to, you know, constantly move around Donetsk.
Q1319. And when they move around Donetsk, were they by themselves or with  other tanks or APCs?
А  Oh, depends, Sometimes like this, sometimes different way.
Q1320. And who owns these military vehicles?
A Who - who owns?
Q1321. Yeah.
А  Rebels.
Q1322. All right. Because?
A It was firmly under rebel control.
Q1323. Okay. And you also saw flags and banners and?
A Not - not often. No, no. Usually not often.
Q1324. But the soldiers on the back were the same sort of clothing?
А   Well, sometimes, I mean, but generally, I mean, Donetsk was …(indistinct)… under - I mean, when I say rebels, I don't - I mean, I can't tell whether these were rebels or those who stay behind rebels - So I always sort of refer, I mean, these belongs to the rebel army but who - even though we don't exactly know, you know, who stands behind them, maybe this was APCs which were presented to them or something but, I mean, when you stay there on the ground you can't check, you just see that it's welcomed by the locals and by - it's, you know, it passes checkpoints without any checks so you can judge that this is, you know, pro-rebel forces, rebel forces.
Q1325. And when they went through the town of Donetsk, what was the mood like from the - from the locals? Were they supportive? Were they encouraging?
A They were very scared, you know - -
Q1326. Scared?
A  Very scared, yeah, because at that time, again, the fighting came very close to Donetsk - the first time from - from June - from - from the end of May. So they were very scared. Yeah, fighting in basements. Streets were basically almost empty. Cafes were shut down, most of them not working.
Q1327. So what happened next? I guess nothing else that night? We went to Thursday, do we, the twenty-fourth?
А  Yeah. I can't really - was it - what was on twenty-fourth? (Laughs). Don't - well - - -
Q1328. All right. If you can't –
A  Nothing remarkable …(indistinct)…
Q1329. If you can't recall what happened on that particular day, can you recall anything that happened after these events? Anything that sticks in your mind?
А   Well, no, no, it just was usual. I remember that on - on Friday, when we were supposed to leave, it was becoming really intense, you know, the fire was really intense, outgoing fire, there was some incoming fire but outgoing fire was really intense, there were definitely GRADs firing. And day by day it was becoming closer and closer to our hotel and we were worried. I remember we were worried - I really wanted to leave by that time. I think we were the last group, ah, BBC - last BBC group which - which was there, it was, like, we were - -
NPN17183:
Q1330. You were the most last people - - -
А   Yeah, yeah. Enough of being brave (laughs), time to stop (laughs).
Q1331. (Laughs). It gets too tense.
A Yeah, yeah, …(indistinct)… yeah. And also we were very tired, you know, by that time.
AFP19112:
Q1332. So as well as hearing the GRAD fire, the outgoing fire and the general  fire incoming and outgoing increasing, what else happened? Nothing in particular. Well, nothing, nothing really remarkable.
Q1333. Okay, So you went - -
NPN17183:

Q1334. You didn't go on - interview or for searching people of - -
A Ah before …(indistinct)…
Q1335. Did you try to do - - -
A   …(indistinct)… you see, don't get mixed in my mind but I think - was it - aha - was it in - yes, probably, it was at that time that, ah, I think  by that time - yes, it was by that time. First, it was first few days after the Buk - Boeing crash it was okay but then, yeah, more and more rebels started to appear in our hotel and this was sort of, like, a hidden pressure, you know. I felt it like this because more - each day more and more rebels. Sometimes, you know, it was full of rebels there, the café we used to sit in - in - within the restaurant, within the hotel. Sometimes it was full of rebels, they were always with guns. And one of the days they were - we were approaching the hotel and we got a call from another security advisor who said, "You know, guys, it's - something wrong is going here, the rebels are surrounding us so don't come, come somewhere else. ' Then - and sometimes he called us back saying that, 'Well, now, it's fine, it was some important figure coming in." So we came back, still it was full of rebels. And then we were sitting - but one moment we were sitting there, downstairs - like, in the restaurant and the rebels came, pointed quns at everyone, 'Hands up, hands up. ' It was very unpleasant but, then - and they were - they also grabbed someone, ah, took him away, searched him or something. But then we worry, like, we were a little bit scared but then they came back and said, 'Sorry, it was training' or something but - --
AFP19112: Mm. Make something of it - -
NPN17183: It's good that you -
А  Yeah. I think it happened several times, maybe two evenings, but it was becoming really unpleasant. Yeah, yeah. And our guy who was in charge, he was saying we need to get out because it's, you know, it's like a …(indistinct)… scenario, they might capture the foreign journalists or something so - yeah, yeah, it was tense. I remember that by Friday I really wanted to leave (laughs).
AFP19112:
Q1336. When did you leave?
NPN17183:
Q1337. When did you - - -
А   On Friday. On Friday.
Q1338. It was on the Friday itself. How late?
А   Quite late. We were hoping to leave early but then I had some - BBC asked me to do some - some things, some commitments and then we were quite late, maybe three, four pm - maybe three pm. It wasn't good because it was getting dark and we wanted to get to Hrabove before darkness.
AFP19112:
Q1339. To where, sorry?
A Hrabove.
NPN17183:
Q1340. Hrabove. And how did you go?
A By car.
Q1341. By car
A By car.
Q1342. -- to Hrabove. And from there?
А  By train - by train to Moscow.
Q1343. And straight from Hrabove to Moscow?
A Yeah, there is a train?
NPN17183: Yes. Okay. Okay.
AFP19112:
Q1344. And when you left Donetsk, same car?
А  Yeah, yeah, same car.
Q1345. Same people, same crew?
A There was another driver there, the owner of the car. Yeah. But, generally, yeah, the same people, all the same. And I think, yeah, definitely we were the last BBC team to leave, everyone left before.
NPN17183:
Q1346. Okay, Right. Now, we have the whole time been - that you have been there in that area for that time, for that research. Then your video report was placed on the internet and then after a while it was taken off the internet by the BBC. How come? And why was that?

А   Yeah, it was published on Wednesday morning - pulled down some time on Wednesday, don't know which time, I was on deployment. And then on Friday, late evening I think, late, late evening it was put back in a little bit different way. Don't know anything about this. I mean, I was, like, the last to - to know about it all (laughs).
NPN17201:
Q1347. It's your report, isn't it?
A Oh, yeah.
NPN17183:
Q1348. They didn't tell you that they were taking it off - -
A _ Well - well, the - - -
Q1349. The reason?
А   They told me in the evening, like, "Your report was taken down."
Q1350. Oka Okay, Did they give a reason for that?
А   I don't know, ask BBC.
Q1351. Yeah, because they - they have their reasons for it, of course, but it also gives some speculations by all kinds of people all around the world, of course, why it was taken off the internet - and so that's why we ask did they give you any reason so - otherwise we have to ask BBC perhaps for itself but –
А  Yeah, but - but -
JERGENS: Just …(indistinct)… )…
IVSHINA: Better ask the BBC.
NPN17183: Yeah, well - --
AFP19112: We've already got the company line, what they're …(indistinct)… -
NPN17183: Yeah. Yeah.
JERGENS: …(indistinct)…
NPN17201:
Q1352. There's some rumour there that your report didn't meet the BBCs
standards. I don't know what that means but - - -
JERGENS: Again, that's something the BBC … (indistinct)…
NPN17183: Yes.
IVSHINA: Yeah. I was in a combat zone (laughs) trying not to get killed, this was
my main concern at the time.
Q1353. Yeah, yeah. Okay. Yeah. For - -
А  But there - this is - the, yeah, the second version is a little bit different and - and - part of it was recorded in - in the UK, the - their expert, I think.
Q1354. Okay. And the rest - instead of it - it's witness number four, it has become into this movie of in this report.
А   Yeah, it was my - my - I - I asked for it because in the initial report I think we did meet him. But, then, in the second report they introduced the Ukrainian - spokesman of the Ukrainian military who said that there was no military operations - there were no fighter - military fighter jets in the area on the day of the crash. That's how he commented it. And it's strongly contradicted to the things I heard on the ground from many people, some of them off-camera, some of them on camera and that's why - I mean, it was me who that interviewed that guy, the - the military guy, I - I don't know who did it. So you see I didn't have a chance to ask him, you know, these questions and I thought this is important, that's why, you know, I said, "Well, guys, if you want these military men to be in the report, please include the local, a local telling that, you know, we constantly hear that there are no fighter jets in the area and then our houses are bombed. ' I thought it's, you know, very important and then I insisted for witness number four to be included.
NPN17183:Okay.
NPN17201: Do we have a copy of those …(indistinct)…
NPN17201: Do we have a copy? Okay.
NPN17183: Well, I don't know - - -
AFP19112: Of the report, the one
NPN17201: The second version.
NPN17183:
Q1355. Yeah, the second …(indistinct)… ---
А   Yeah, they're all just in the internet.
JURJENS: …(indistinct)…
NPN17183:

Вы здесь » MH17: как и кто? » Материалы по MH17 » Документы JIT: Заявление свидетеля Ившина